YQ Bluenose Ted R

The stovepipe, motor box and anchor rope container are not glued in place. I'm having trouble deciding if they are correctly positioned.
Please let me know if they are incorrect. I'm not glueing them until tomorrow.
Best regards
Ted IMG20240822203936.jpgIMG20240822203942.jpgIMG20240822203521.jpg

Before you move too far ahead, the bowsprit may be one of these pieces requiring an early install as to avoid big problems later on.
I was following the instructions pamphlet except for skipping over the deadeyes,which are intimidating me.
Is their an advantage of putting the bowsprit in now.

Looks about right, but when in doubt, check with the drawings.
The drawings and deck fixtures don't seem to completely line up
I don't think it really makes any difference as long as I don't crowd the rails and make rigging difficult.
Best regards
Ted

I was following the instructions pamphlet except for skipping over the deadeyes,which are intimidating me.
Is their an advantage of putting the bowsprit in now.
The bits and all winch parts on the fwd deck are obstructing a later installation of the bowsprit, assuming you're installing this part from the inside out, instead of from the outside. This also depends on whether or not you taper the bowsprit ánd the diameter in the railing.
In all honesty, my bowsprit was definitely not in accordance with the YQ-drawings, preventing installation from the outside.

The bits and all winch parts on the fwd deck are obstructing a later installation of the bowsprit, assuming you're installing this part from the inside out, instead of from the outside. This also depends on whether or not you taper the bowsprit ánd the diameter in the railing.
In all honesty, my bowsprit was definitely not in accordance with the YQ-drawings, preventing installation from the outside.
I've been avoiding installation of anything that projects from the hull so it doesn't get broken. I haven't looked at the bowsprit instructions yet.
Thank you
Ted

I had tapered my bowsprit such that its installation had to be from the inside. This meant I had to set it prior to setting part 171, (not to be confused with part C171). Unfortunately, I never found this piece called out on the 1:1 (except in the parts sheet 8-8) or in the booklet however it is partially shown but not labeled on the 1:1 sheet 8-5 in the upper left corner in the box labeled "I". This part covers the bowsprit. Part C171 is a completely different piece that glues to the bowsprit itself.
Good Luck.

The drawings and deck fixtures don't seem to completely line up
I don't think it really makes any difference as long as I don't crowd the rails and make rigging difficult.
Best regards
Ted
Thought I noticed something like that in your pics, but contributed that to fotographic distortion.
I've been avoiding installation of anything that projects from the hull so it doesn't get broken. I haven't looked at the bowsprit instructions yet.
Thank you
Ted
I understand your reluctantly, but sometimes one has to accept that it's not always possible to continue without compromise.
Fortunately, I never had a catastrophic event with regards to the bowsprit...

Thought I noticed something like that in your pics, but contributed that to fotographic distortion.

I understand your reluctantly, but sometimes one has to accept that it's not always possible to continue without compromise.
Fortunately, I never had a catastrophic event with regards to the bowsprit...IMG20240823140010.jpg
Okay, I'm working on the forward cabin or access way behind the fore mast
When I finish that I'll build the bowsprit and install it.

I had tapered my bowsprit such that its installation had to be from the inside. This meant I had to set it prior to setting part 171, (not to be confused with part C171). Unfortunately, I never found this piece called out on the 1:1 (except in the parts sheet 8-8) or in the booklet however it is partially shown but not labeled on the 1:1 sheet 8-5 in the upper left corner in the box labeled "I". This part covers the bowsprit. Part C171 is a completely different piece that glues to the bowsprit itself.
Good Luck.
I'll start my research today.

I just noticed that the eyebolts supplied in the kit are much larger than those on the scaled drawings.
Should I be concerned?
Is this enough to make it look clunky?
See photo for comparison.
Best regards
TedIMG20240824102554.jpg

Back