ZHL Misticque

@zoly99sask cannot say any better, Zoly. However, it all depends on the distance between the bulkheads and size\scale of the model. On small scales, I think filler blocks would be unnecessary
Yes,more bulkheads or small scale ,but still, the first layer is practicing.Lol

Hi Jim and Zoltan

Re filler blocks, if you look at some photos you will see some slots about half way down, I have a sheet of ply that was in the kit to put into the slots.
I was thinking about putting filler blocks at the bow and stern only.

But I will go on what ever you two gentlemen say.

John.

Hi John, she is coming along and I will like the other gents be watching. She will be a great size when complete, brilliant. I also like the colored horn beam and will most likely give the guy an email. You mentioned it will be in Russian, do I need to send the email in Russian too.

Kind Regards
Steve

Hi John, she is coming along and I will like the other gents be watching. She will be a great size when complete, brilliant. I also like the colored horn beam and will most likely give the guy an email. You mentioned it will be in Russian, do I need to send the email in Russian too.

Kind Regards
Steve

Hi Steve
No you don't have to send him an email in Russian just English will do.
He will send you the price list and wood sizes in Russian but Jim on this forum will help you if you get stuck.
He sent me a 2019 price list but I downloaded Google translate, all you have to do is open translate and click in document, you will then be asked to find document, just click on the document and then translate.

Again if you are not sure ask Jim.

John.

Hi all
Small update again.

As I have said before the frames have a slot in them about half way down.
I think this is for the reinforcements for the frames as you have to put in a 3mm sheet of ply wood.
This took me most of the afternoon, sanding each slot in the ply wood and fitting.

Now I have to do the port side.

John.

Hi all

Want some help.
The scale of the Misticque is 1:35 my question is how long would the deck planking be.
I am trying to get the most out of the strips of wood that are 400mm long.

I was thinking about 200mm long for the deck planks to save any scrap wood.

John.

Hi all

Want some help.
The scale of the Misticque is 1:35 my question is how long would the deck planking be.
I am trying to get the most out of the strips of wood that are 400mm long.

I was thinking about 200mm long for the deck planks to save any scrap wood.

John.
Hallo John,

imagine a real plank is cut out and produced out of a tree - so the real length can be between 6 to 8m long, maybe 10 meter.

Take 8 meter devided by 35 = 228 mm

=> your 200 mm will fit (according my opinion)

Back