1:100 Halcon 1840 Schooner

I just got reference on other models.
Some SOS member explained to me that by this time, theres no chain for anchors, but big rope instead, but, i found the image below.
My chain is too thick i think to go arround.

View attachment 234425
View attachment 234426
Nice one. They're the best details I've seen yet. That will really help with the rigging. Thanks for posting them.

I just got reference on other models.
Some SOS member explained to me that by this time, theres no chain for anchors, but big rope instead, but, i found the image below.
My chain is too thick i think to go arround.

View attachment 234425
View attachment 234426
I'd love to know the history of these plans. People dismiss the Halcon as a Chinese knock-off of Mantua's Albatros, but all these kits are clearly based on the above. Is there a signature and a date in the bottom right corner? 1944?

Just had a look at the Mantua site. Some good details on there. Thanks for posting

Hello,

This will be a build log of the $15 1:100 Halcon 1840 kit from aliexpress.

This will be my first wooden static sailing ship. I have built some RC boats before, but they were built for speed, and now it is time to build something for the looks.

So, after waiting for about 2 weeks for the kit to arrive, it fell trough the mailbox. After opening the enveloppe the kit appeared:

View attachment 222231

View attachment 222232

View attachment 222233

View attachment 222234

View attachment 222235

View attachment 222236

So far so good, the laser cut parts look great!
The sheets of wood are a little warped, but that should not be a problem, they will straighten out once the build progresses and parts will be glued in place.

The build plans are short, maybe even too short.
The small parts are clear, but when it comes to finishing a lot is not listed here.

View attachment 222237

View attachment 222238

View attachment 222239

As you can see, its not much and i guess im gonna have a lot of questions about the masts and rigging.

So far the "unboxing" part. Can you call it a unboxing when it did not come in a box?

Time to start the build.
The first thing i just had to do is build some cannons:

View attachment 222240

View attachment 222241

These are nice little things. The brass looks great, too bad it needs some paint later on.

Time to start building the hull. The laser cut parts fit really tight together, maybe even a little too tight, so some sanding is needed:

View attachment 222242

Couldnt help myself and built some more cannons

View attachment 222243

After some creative ways of applying pressure while the glue was drying, there was a deck and railings:

View attachment 222244

View attachment 222245

I also started on some of the smaller parts, like the hatches and other stuff

View attachment 222246

View attachment 222247

View attachment 222248

Then it was time for the difficult part, the boardings. I used hot water and some pressure to bend the wood so it would take the shape of the hull before i glued them in place.

View attachment 222249

View attachment 222250

View attachment 222251

View attachment 222252

While the glue was drying, i started painting some of the smaller parts. I used 2 shades of brown to get some contrast between the parts.
Can you spot the different colored parts? No? Me neither... I guess the two colors look too much alike and i need to buy a different brown to get the effect i was looking for. Or maybe i will leave it this way, because it looks nice anyway.

View attachment 222253

And some black paint to get a feeling for the final color scheme

View attachment 222254

View attachment 222255
Hallo @Freakert
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the Halcon going? Are you still working on her?

Thank you very much :)

The build is still standing right next to me on my desk/workbench, but unfortunatey i have not found time to do anything.
But the good weather is coming to an end, so it probaby wont take long before i have some time for her again.

But dont worry im still boating:cool:
I am working on a new RC speedboat called the "Wiesel" and i have bought myself a Aquaholic v2 for my birthday.

20211001_103239.jpg

Hi guy's, Murf from Australia, I also bought the Chinese Halcon model kit next to no instructions parts missing and it is the first model kit I have tried to build. I have the deck on the gunwales on ( used the soak the boards and peg them in place but I used a hairdryer rather than wait over night it works quit well. It seems you have the cutout sheet for the sails I would be very greateful if you could flatten the sheet and post it so I can download and print it. Thank you I will keep looking at your progress.

Hi, I have 2 poor pics of my progress on my halcon model I have used my phone as my camera is still on loan. hope they are not too poor for this site. I have found models are a quite a bit more fiddly than the real thing, I did at one stage build sail boats and motor cruisers the largest being 65 foot. Please let me know what you think of my progress I would like to know if you can give me some direction as this is the first model I have tried. Thanks .004.jpg005.jpg

Hi, unfortunately my camera is not back ( perhaps it is not coming back )001.jpg

Hello,

This will be a build log of the $15 1:100 Halcon 1840 kit from aliexpress.

This will be my first wooden static sailing ship. I have built some RC boats before, but they were built for speed, and now it is time to build something for the looks.

So, after waiting for about 2 weeks for the kit to arrive, it fell trough the mailbox. After opening the enveloppe the kit appeared:

View attachment 222231

View attachment 222232

View attachment 222233

View attachment 222234

View attachment 222235

View attachment 222236

So far so good, the laser cut parts look great!
The sheets of wood are a little warped, but that should not be a problem, they will straighten out once the build progresses and parts will be glued in place.

The build plans are short, maybe even too short.
The small parts are clear, but when it comes to finishing a lot is not listed here.

View attachment 222237

View attachment 222238

View attachment 222239

As you can see, its not much and i guess im gonna have a lot of questions about the masts and rigging.

So far the "unboxing" part. Can you call it a unboxing when it did not come in a box?

Time to start the build.
The first thing i just had to do is build some cannons:

View attachment 222240

View attachment 222241

These are nice little things. The brass looks great, too bad it needs some paint later on.

Time to start building the hull. The laser cut parts fit really tight together, maybe even a little too tight, so some sanding is needed:

View attachment 222242

Couldnt help myself and built some more cannons

View attachment 222243

After some creative ways of applying pressure while the glue was drying, there was a deck and railings:

View attachment 222244

View attachment 222245

I also started on some of the smaller parts, like the hatches and other stuff

View attachment 222246

View attachment 222247

View attachment 222248

Then it was time for the difficult part, the boardings. I used hot water and some pressure to bend the wood so it would take the shape of the hull before i glued them in place.

View attachment 222249

View attachment 222250

View attachment 222251

View attachment 222252

While the glue was drying, i started painting some of the smaller parts. I used 2 shades of brown to get some contrast between the parts.
Can you spot the different colored parts? No? Me neither... I guess the two colors look too much alike and i need to buy a different brown to get the effect i was looking for. Or maybe i will leave it this way, because it looks nice anyway.

View attachment 222253

And some black paint to get a feeling for the final color scheme

View attachment 222254

View attachment 222255
Hallo @Freakert
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

This forum is Gold for beginners like me. I was wondering what is this part. I couldnt figure out where this would go?

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-17 at 11.32.40 AM.jpeg

@suzkin Those parts look to me as Channels (Board and Starboard), the square notches are to position the chainplates stropped with deadeyes.

1666034224789.png

1666034278051.png

1666034321162.png

three years ago I started building, two weeks a year on my vacation at the beach apartment in Caioba, Brazil. I've already done 30%, another six years I'll finish.

Wow Very nice build and nice Pictures. I have just received the same kit yesterday and this morning I was cleaning off my build area and found the instructions are blurry to the point most cant be built, so I have to wait for dealer to get back to me. i just hope mine will turn out that nice. this will be my first wood ship build , looking forward to starting "Again very nice build"

great build!!!!I'm also trying to start mine.....Do you you have plans with measurments of the musts and sails?

Back