Caf Model - New Kit 1/48 Le Coureur 1776

You can choose this boat. Its hull is also in the shape of tiles
Now the price is 23$
He needs to be very careful when making. He can't use liquid quick drying glue, which can easily bond the hull and the resin mold inside
We can use latex or jelly like glue。
We have improved the resin mold, now we use a whole, so its accuracy is better than the original use of split
1b.JPG
4.jpg
QQ图片20191001203948.jpg
QQ图片20191001202607.jpg
QQ图片20191001202530.jpg

39.jpg

Attachments

• QQ图片20191001202614.jpg
    QQ图片20191001202614.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 9
It is not clear to me what is the difference between this longboat and the one supplied with the kit (gift). Is it just the building method or is this boat actually better looking than the gift boat? Maybe it is a stupid question due to my ignorance as a modeler but I'm anyway posting it here in public, just in case there should be other rookies than me for whom the full difference is not obvious

Last edited:
[QUOTE="PoulD, post: 121137, member: 8916”] Maybe it is a stupid question due to my ignorance as a modeler but I'm anyway posting it here in public, just in case there should be other rookies than me for whom the full difference is not obvious
[/QUOTE]

I think it’s a fair question..
Looking at the specs, this boat is about 5” long. Other than length, I don’t know much.
:rolleyes:

It is not clear to me what is the difference between this longboat and the one supplied with the kit (gift). Is it just the building method or is this boat actually better looking than the gift boat? Maybe it is a stupid question due to my ignorance as a modeler but I'm anyway posting it here in public, just in case there should be other rookies than me for whom the full difference is not obvious

If you go on the CAF website you’ll see the 2 different versions of longboats available. One is the more expensive cutter version that Tom refers to in his last post, the other the cheaper version that i presume is the gift

Hope this helps

If you go on the CAF website you’ll see the 2 different versions of longboats available. One is the more expensive cutter version that Tom refers to in his last post, the other the cheaper version that i presume is the gift

Hope this helps
Thanks @Chello, but I had already looked at the CAF website and still I did not (still doesn't) understand what is the main difference (apart from the price and the building jig).

Poul and Howard, I think the difference is the mold. Originally, it was designed with the mold consisted 2 halfs. An improved version the mold is one piece.
Not 100% sure but I don't think so @Jimsky. CAF makes, as @Chello says, 2 different boats. I think there is no plastic mold with the cheaper version. I wonder if the plastic mold and the price are the only differences (for example I cannot spot if the gift version is clinker build )

Not 100% sure but I don't think so @Jimsky. CAF makes, as @Chello says, 2 different boats. I think there is no plastic mold with the cheaper version. I wonder if the plastic mold and the price are the only differences (for example I cannot spot if the gift version is clinker build )
Looking at the Cutter boats pictures of the frames on the CAF website It does appear to be clinker build

Generally speaking, longboat, launch, and cutter are different types of boats. They differed from size, and mainelly their purpose. For example: The longboat was generally more seaworthy than the cutter, which had a fuller stern for such load-carrying work as laying out an anchor and cable. In a seaway or surf therefore, the cutter was more prone to broaching.

Back