1/48 scale Launch, plank on frame, by neptune

Continuation of the build, but first I had a little set back, I've had an attack of what is called Bell's Palsy, it has the same effects as a stroke but only on the face, it attacked all the nerves on my left side of the face, so i cannot close my left eye and when i smile only my right half of the mouth smiles, see first pic, anyway on with the build,
View attachment 64131

View attachment 64132
The capping rails now glued on one of the launches,

View attachment 64133
And a view where I had glued on support planks for the cant frames, this is after the support planks have
been removed,

View attachment 64134
A couple of close up pics,

View attachment 64135
and agaoin,

View attachment 64136
view of the bottom of the launch,

G'Day
I fully understand about Bell's Palsy, my mother suffered from it. Even after she recovered from it as best she could she hated to be photographed as she felt she looked a bit grotesque. When we looked at her and she seemed normal but the strange thing was if you looked at her in the mirror (obviously her perspective) you could see the damage. I realise it is a long time since you posted but I hope you have been able to return to some normality. Absolutely love the build and you have convince me I need to buy them.

G'Day
I fully understand about Bell's Palsy, my mother suffered from it. Even after she recovered from it as best she could she hated to be photographed as she felt she looked a bit grotesque. When we looked at her and she seemed normal but the strange thing was if you looked at her in the mirror (obviously her perspective) you could see the damage. I realise it is a long time since you posted but I hope you have been able to return to some normality. Absolutely love the build and you have convince me I need to buy them.
Thank you for your concern, it is most appreciated, I think that I was very lucky to have gotten to the hospital so fast and the Doctor said that apart from the Bells Palsy I was in pretty good health, and within a couple of months I was back to normal, wierd normal that is. I'm glad that you liked the build log and hope you enjoy building yours as much as I did mine,
Best regards John,

Back