1682 HMY Fubbs 1:24 scale

Hello Ship Mates, I do realize that we have jumped ahead of our salve in our HMY Fubbs but this something that we wanted to see if we could build the two Quarter Badges with those ever so nice carvings. We had originally wanted to give these carvings a couple of coats of Polyurethane but then my Admiral Bernadette said no they must be gold, so so be it.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_0992.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, I do realize that we have jumped ahead of our salve in our HMY Fubbs but this something that we wanted to see if we could build the two Quarter Badges with those ever so nice carvings. We had originally wanted to give these carvings a couple of coats of Polyurethane but then my Admiral Bernadette said no they must be gold, so so be it.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 450399

View attachment 450400
Good evening Lawrence. When the admiral suggests it is our command. ;) . I think Bernadette got this spot on. Cheers Grant

Lawrence, I recently received my Fubbs. It looks like a real challenge for this old goat. Looking forward to starting it when my Connie is done. Thanks for paving the way.
Hello Vic, Golly but you are only a young guy. Congratulations on receiving a HMY Fubbs kit, this kit will give you hours of shear enjoyment a long with some challenges to boot along the way. I am very pleased that you find my build log helpful and will be looking forward to your posting your build log.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, We have very little time to work in the Old Ship Yard these days with all of the out side gardening work and now to make things worse we have a very deep whirlpool bath that we have had for years and now my Admiral is having trouble getting out of so we decided to remove the tub and install a shower, so for the next week or so that will be taking up a lot of my time. Being old is also a sigh of slowing down.
In the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have completed the Cap[ Rails along with Cap Rail Sides and it's trim.
Regards Lawrence

20240601_153631.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Ship Mates, We have very little time to work in the Old Ship Yard these days with all of the out side gardening work and now to make things worse we have a very deep whirlpool bath that we have had for years and now my Admiral is having trouble getting out of so we decided to remove the tub and install a shower, so for the next week or so that will be taking up a lot of my time. Being old is also a sigh of slowing down.
In the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have completed the Cap[ Rails along with Cap Rail Sides and it's trim

View attachment 451020
Looking pretty.

Mike Shanks made one that has an arched shape on top of the transom. Your transom top is cut out in the shape of the cnc ornamentation in the back. Mike says his version is from a later iteration of the Fubbs. How did you come up with your version?

Mike Shanks made one that has an arched shape on top of the transom. Your transom top is cut out in the shape of the cnc ornamentation in the back. Mike says his version is from a later iteration of the Fubbs. How did you come up with your version?

That arched shape is something that only MS has. He did it because he liked and to fit there the lanter. You can scratch built it. We all get the version that you can see here, in my built, aew, and Mike41 built too.

1696882853_5745_FT46903_img_1674.jpg

Lawrence can confirm if I am wrong.

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:
That arched shape is something that only MS has. He did it because he liked and to fit there the lanter. You can scratch built it. We all get the version that you can see here, in my built and Mike41 built too.

View attachment 451350

Lawrence can confirm if I am wrong.

Cheers
Daniel
Hello Daniel, Thanks for your help in explaining the transom. From what I understand HMY Fubbs had a sea going career of around 100 years so it is very likely over this time period she saw many changes. My HMY Fubbs kit was identical to all of the others out there except I choice the hard maple version over the cherry. . Yes Mike has made some changes to his build, But Golly you should see what Jodie is up to. We are free to make what changes to the build as we see fit, and Mike stands behind us all the way.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Daniel, Thanks for your help in explaining the transom. From what I understand HMY Fubbs had a sea going career of around 100 years so it is very likely over this time period she saw many changes. My HMY Fubbs kit was identical to all of the others out there except I choice the hard maple version over the cherry. . Yes Mike has made some changes to his build, But Golly you should see what Jodie is up to. We are free to make what changes to the build as we see fit, and Mike stands behind us all the way.
Regards Lawrence
Yes, we can do modifications as pleased. I have added Dolphins on the stair and 2 extra carvings I did by myself :).
I am now working on the ruder. Let see how it ends. Yesterday I downloaded your pictures. I will try to replicate your work there.
Nice job you are doing with your Fubbs. There are a few details you did that I like very much.

Best !!!
Daniel

Back