1682 HMY Fubbs 1:24 scale

Hi canoe21 - you are making great progress - I am following WJ Romero practicum - 2020 lockdown gave me 3 months to cut the frames from scratch - tedious but...the end result will always bring a smile.
Hello Spree Three, I thank you for visit to my HMY Fubbs build log. I have built the HMS bounty and also the Oliver Cromwell from scratch for build on frame . Sawed and planed my own lumber in our basement creating tons of saw dust and shavings. This HMY Fubbs stern section most of that work has already been by Mike Shanks. So my build is moving along much faster then previous builds. But I still have to clean up and taper all of these frames before I can start to assemble this beautiful fine little ship stern section.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Spree Three, I thank you for visit to my HMY Fubbs build log. I have built the HMS bounty and also the Oliver Cromwell from scratch for build on frame . Sawed and planed my own lumber in our basement creating tons of saw dust and shavings. This HMY Fubbs stern section most of that work has already been by Mike Shanks. So my build is moving along much faster then previous builds. But I still have to clean up and taper all of these frames before I can start to assemble this beautiful fine little ship stern section.
Regards Lawrence
Good to see you making sawdust Lawrence, from what I've seen these scratch / kit's make up into a really nice model,
Best regards John,

Good to see you making sawdust Lawrence, from what I've seen these scratch / kit's make up into a really nice model,
Best regards John,
Hello John, Thanks for your very nice words and comments. Yes this is a great ,I choose the hard maple wood version, it is machine cut from 1/2" or 1271mm at the 1:24 scale. I am on my last batch of cleaning up the hull frames and gluing on the templates so as to be able to flayer the hull. That should start in the next day or so.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Well today the little fellows and I completed the clean up the rest of the hull frames and glued on there temp plates. I still do have an issue with frame #36A and am waiting to here back from Mike to see if I have chosen the right correction. So tomorrow we will start the to taper the hull forms.
Regards Lawrence

DSCN0148.JPG

HI LAWRENCE GREAT TO SEE YOUR FUBBS I AM SOON RETURNING TO MINE, HAVE COMPLETED MY FIRST STACK WILL CONTINUE ON MY LOG. NO TEXT JUST PICTURES OTHERS ARE MUCH MORE CAPABLE THEN IN EXPLANING I HAVE THE CHERRY VERSION DO NOT HAVE TO USE TEMPLATES LIKE JODIE AND DOC BLAKE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

HI LAWRENCE GREAT TO SEE YOUR FUBBS I AM SOON RETURNING TO MINE, HAVE COMPLETED MY FIRST STACK WILL CONTINUE ON MY LOG. NO TEXT JUST PICTURES OTHERS ARE MUCH MORE CAPABLE THEN IN EXPLANING I HAVE THE CHERRY VERSION DO NOT HAVE TO USE TEMPLATES LIKE JODIE AND DOC BLAKE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON
Hello Don, Thanks for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes you are correct the cherry version is a little easier to start but then it becomes all the some. Do hurry back to your HMY Fubbs, will be waiting to see all of your pictures.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Well today the little fellows and I completed the clean up the rest of the hull frames and glued on there temp plates. I still do have an issue with frame #36A and am waiting to here back from Mike to see if I have chosen the right correction. So tomorrow we will start the to taper the hull forms.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 429912
Good morning Lawrence. Looking spot on . I hear Paul re those butt joints- something to look forward to….Cheers Grant

Back