1682 HMY Fubbs 1:24 scale

Wow she's looking great, what is she, 36 24 36, a lovely arrangement, looks like your having fun Lawrence, enjoy,

Best regards John,
Hello John, I thank you very much for your sense of great hummer! No she dose not have a great shape as 36-24-36 but she has some very fine lines at that. Yes my fun has begun but the sanding is slowing me down just a bit.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Well after a lot of hours [6 to be exact] the little fellows and I have completed the hull frames sanding, golly but that hard maple is some hard compared with cherry or pear that we have previously worked with. I do realize that this is not perfect by any means but we are rather pleased of our results, as the wood seams to have come alive.
Regards Lawrence

DSCN0159.JPG

DSCN0160.JPG

DSCN0161.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, Well after a lot of hours [6 to be exact] the little fellows and I have completed the hull frames sanding, golly but that hard maple is some hard compared with cherry or pear that we have previously worked with. I do realize that this is not perfect by any means but we are rather pleased of our results, as the wood seams to have come alive.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 434550

View attachment 434551

View attachment 434552
The invested time had paid off, Lawrence. A very nice looking in- and outside.
Regards, Peter

The invested time had paid off, Lawrence. A very nice looking in- and outside.
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, I thank you for your very nice words and overly nice complements. Yes the sanding was a bit of a chore, but now we can start building our HMY Fubbs stern section. We have started working on the dead wood an she is getting very interesting.
I have just found your Balder build log, started looking trough it this AM, she looks very interesting, and will have to pull up a chair and enjoy.
Regards Lawrence

Regards Lawrence

View attachment 434550

View attachment 434551

View attachment 434552
Good evening Lawrence. Agreed - you and the little fellows may be mighty pleased with the outcome of those frames. Wood colour looks great too. Cheers Grant

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I dug out the Deadwood Filler pieces, cleaned them up from the machine cutter, pre sawed them to leant and top shape, glued them in to our HMY Fubbs and filed them to fit the dead wood. No glue as yet for the Deadwood as we still have some more fitting to do before hand.
Regards Lawrence

DSCN0162.JPG

DSCN0163.JPG

DSCN0164 - Copy (5).JPG

That looks super neat and accurate, my friend! It will be a pleasure to watch the rest of this build.

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I continue to work on our HMY Fubbs, This week we have installed the two Stern Fashions along with the stern window an trimmed out the two side windows. Seams like we over sanded the last hull frame just a little and we did have to add just a bit of filler, this section will eventually be planked over.
We spent most of yesterday bending the <440" x 375" or 11mm x 9.6mm Keelson that is solid Walnut and very stubborn to bend even after a lot of hot waters steaming.
Regards Lawrence

DSCN0166.JPG

DSCN0167.JPG

DSCN0168.JPG

Accurate ... AND fast, by my standards. When it comes to these POF builds, my friend, the experience shows. You are on a very good way with Fubbs!
Hello Heinrich, Thanks for your kind words we truly do appreciate them. I do not know if I can live up to your expiations that you so freely given me, but it will be fun to try.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I continue to work on our HMY Fubbs, This week we have installed the two Stern Fashions along with the stern window an trimmed out the two side windows. Seams like we over sanded the last hull frame just a little and we did have to add just a bit of filler, this section will eventually be planked over.
We spent most of yesterday bending the <440" x 375" or 11mm x 9.6mm Keelson that is solid Walnut and very stubborn to bend even after a lot of hot waters steaming.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 435763

View attachment 435764

View attachment 435765
Good afternoon Lawrence…you are owning this ….Cheers Grant

Back