1682 HMY Fubbs 1:24 scale

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have spent the last couple of days flaring the hull frames. We broke all of the hull frames pieces into 4 piles, starting at frame #25 and ending at #36A this afternoon. Our Old Ship Yard is shrouded in a layer of dust.
Now we must see if we can put all of these hull frames together.
Regards Lawrence

DSCN0150.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, It has been a rather slow week here in the Old Ship Yard trying to build frames for our HMY Fubbs with a lot of glue slippage and deboning the little fellows and I have glued up frames 25 and 25A, 26 and 26A along with 27 and 27A. Now we can move along to the next batch of frames.
Regards Lawrence

DSCN0151.JPG

Dear Lawrence. This is how I like to see progress - you are working at a fair pace but never at the expense of quality. The frames look wonderful.

Hello Ship Mates, Well today I finally got the little fellows moving again as we glued up the next batch of frames # 28 and 28A, 29 and 29A and 30 and 30A, this almost seams like the old days. Tomorrow we will work on the third batch of frames.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 432123
Good morning Lawrence. Looking good!! Cheers Grant

Dear Lawrence. This is how I like to see progress - you are working at a fair pace but never at the expense of quality. The frames look wonderful.
Hello Heinrich, I thank you for your visit to my build log on stern section of the HMY Fubbs. Yes we have gained a bit of speed and our pile of hull frames is slowly growing.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I have reached a mile stone in our HMY Fubbs. We have completed building and assembling all of the hull frames. We have stacked them on our work bench, no glue as yet, that will come later on today.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 432741
Congrats with the milestone, Lawrence. A lot of work but like Uwe wrote, now the fun begins.
Regards, Peter

Hello Ship Mates, Well the little fellows and I have finally finished gluing up our HMY Fubbs stern section, from frame #25 to frame #37. After a few trials and errors we are ready to start our sanding, have been holding off as we wanted to do this outside but the weather has not been cooperating with us, first a lot of rain and today we have snow flurries, much to cold to work out side. So it looks like the basement, We are still trying to recover from the pre frames sanding that we performed up here in the Old Ship Yard, so that's out of the question.
The HMY Fubbs is starting to some of her very interesting line shapes, making us want to hurry along .
Regards Lawrence

DSCN0154.JPG

DSCN0155.JPG

DSCN0156.JPG

DSCN0157.JPG

DSCN0158.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, Well the little fellows and I have finally finished gluing up our HMY Fubbs stern section, from frame #25 to frame #37. After a few trials and errors we are ready to start our sanding, have been holding off as we wanted to do this outside but the weather has not been cooperating with us, first a lot of rain and today we have snow flurries, much to cold to work out side. So it looks like the basement, We are still trying to recover from the pre frames sanding that we performed up here in the Old Ship Yard, so that's out of the question.
The HMY Fubbs is starting to some of her very interesting line shapes, making us want to hurry along .
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 434040

View attachment 434041

View attachment 434043

View attachment 434044

View attachment 434045
Good evening Lawrence- looking spot on and ready to be made beautiful. Cheers Grant for

Back