1930 Bentley Blower by Aifix 1/12 build log [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi, it's me again. Althougt tge car is finished, I still need to finalize the display case. So I did a bit of work on the lighting today. There's a lot of wiring to do but so far so good.

I first tested my connections to make sure that all 6 lights were functional after parallel hook up.

Then I started the final wiring with soldered connections. In lieu of shrink tubes to cover the exposed wires (not enough space) I poored some transparent glue in the jonction boxe to cover the wires and keep then from moving.

I completed the display case today and with that done, this build is now 100% finished. I just need to decide how to position the car in the case. My original idea was to display the body on the cart I made so the all the mechanics I added on the frame could be visible. I have to test both configuration and see which is best. For now, the body is on the frame and it sure looks good. Here are a few pictures.

This was my original idea

PRESENTATION5.jpg.71ea600d777488cbd53b19cc172d5771.jpg

the real case with body on frame

All window panels riveted

And to finish it off, a little video
View attachment 20240624_202341~3.mp4

I completed the display case today and with that done, this build is now 100% finished. I just need to decide how to position the car in the case. My original idea was to display the body on the cart I made so the all the mechanics I added on the frame could be visible. I have to test both configuration and see which is best. For now, the body is on the frame and it sure looks good. Here are a few pictures.

This was my original idea

PRESENTATION5.jpg.71ea600d777488cbd53b19cc172d5771.jpg

the real case with body on frame

All window panels riveted

And to finish it off, a little video
View attachment 455474
Now the Bentley Blower has a very representative beautiful show case. Thumbs up, François. ThumbsupThumbsup
Regards, Peter

I'm pretty close to having the final setup in the display case. I've positionned the car and the boby in a way that I think shows them off properly. My only concern being, is it too busy. I'm not sure about the mirored floor. I'm exposing on August 4th at my local hobby shop it' not an official meet, it's more of a combo model car/ real antique car day. So I'll bring the Triumph Tr6 along with a few model. I'll be able to see how the bentley in it's display case is received.

I'm positive the initial launch at the hobby shop will leave most in complete AWE. The detail and incredible techniques you've combined into a superb model, will be the envy of anyone who views it!! Thanks for sharing the build in such detail!

Back