Piroscaf 28-foot Steam Cutter (1876) in scale 1:24 by Piroscaf Scale Models

Good to know and thanks for your impression about the figurines - If you call them "peace of art" I have 100% confidence......
I think these four sailors (and maybe others which will come) are somehow a must for this ship model - They fit extremely and brings life into the "static" model.
But I am pretty sure, that these figurines will be also often seen on RC-ship models of this time - Great addition
Uwek,
The figures are really excellent! The scale 1:24 allows to show the tiniest details. The only issue for the modeller will be not to spoil these masterpieces with improper painting))

Uwek,
The figures are really excellent! The scale 1:24 allows to show the tiniest details. The only issue for the modeller will be not to spoil these masterpieces with improper painting))
Yes you are right - if the painting is not good ..... no no
When I see the photos of the unpainted figures on the photos - I think that it could be also very interesting to have them unpainted - with this they would leave the main focus on the static model of the ship model with the amazing engine, the timber etc. , but still produce some life, you can see how the ship was handled and will give a correct feeling for the scale etc.
At the end a question of taste - but definitely a great add on to the cutter model Thumbsup

Yes you are right - if the painting is not good ..... no no
When I see the photos of the unpainted figures on the photos - I think that it could be also very interesting to have them unpainted - with this they would leave the main focus on the static model of the ship model with the amazing engine, the timber etc. , but still produce some life, you can see how the ship was handled and will give a correct feeling for the scale etc.
At the end a question of taste - but definitely a great add on to the cutter model Thumbsup
Yes, like in museums - probably I have seen something similar in Vienna Military Museum - monochrome figures, white AFAIR

To address this issue further- There are military figure painters who are just as passionate about their work as we are about ours. They have their own groups (e.g.-Miniature Figure Collectors of America) and have yearly competition. Some of their work is unbelievable such as the work of Igor Rjedkin (check him out on Pinterest). Their focus however is the figure itself although they are certainly capable of work which involves the interaction of several figures (Napoleonic scenes) and/or figures and objects. When it comes to the 28-foot Steam Cutter I believe we will have to wait to see examples of both unpainted (which we basically already have) and painted figures. The challenge is to have the figures complement the static model and vice versa. We already have an excellent static model and excellent figures- now it is up to Dmitry to find a painter who can meld the two together- the ultimate goal- you can't have one without the other!

Last edited:
To address this issue further- There are military figure painters who are just as passionate about their work as we are about ours. They have their own groups (e.g.-Miniature Figure Collectors of America) and have yearly competition. Some of their work is unbelievable such as the work of Igor Rjedkin (check him out on Pinterest). Their focus however is the figure itself although they are certainly capable of work which involves the interaction of several figures (Napoleonic scenes) and/or figures and objects. When it comes to the 28-foot Steam Cutter I believe we will have to wait to see examples of both unpainted (which we basically already have) and painted figures. The challenge is to have the figures complement the static model and vice versa. We already have an excellent static model and excellent figures- now it is up to Dmitry to find a painter who can meld the two together- the ultimate goal- you can't have one without the other!
We demonstrated the figures. The name of the sculptor who made these figures is also very famous. There is a time for everything. There will be a painting of figures, and a diorama with a story.

We demonstrated the figures. The name of the sculptor who made these figures is also very famous. There is a time for everything. There will be a painting of figures, and a diorama with a story.
This sounds very promising ..... please keep us updated about the further progress of this development :cool:

My 28-foot Steam Cutter arrived today well packed in excellent shape!!
Wish I could say the same. Received an email from Dmitry....

Dear, Ross!
We apologize for the fact that EMS is currently not accepting shipments to Australia due to the pandemic.
Your kit remains in reserve, and we will send it to you as soon as possible.

Trying to organise delivery via Hong Kong, but that is also proving difficult. Might have to wait for a while.:(

Trying to organise delivery via Hong Kong, but that is also proving difficult. Might have to wait for a while.:(
There are no difficulties with delivery to Hong Kong. We follow the rules and requirements of PayPal. The payer and recipient must be the same person.
We have described solutions to the problem in a confidential email to your email address.

My kit arrived today by the round-about route we had to take. Dmitry, thank you for your help, and thank you for the nice card.
I received mine also last week.... I hope to make a detailed kit review in short time......
When you will start your build of the cutter? Hope, that we can expect a building log here in our forum???? Please

I received mine also last week.... I hope to make a detailed kit review in short time......
When you will start your build of the cutter? Hope, that we can expect a building log here in our forum???? Please
I probably wont start for a month or so, I have 2 builds going already. AL's Arabian Dhow, and Model Airways' Sopwith Camel. Been in lockdown here for a couple of months which leads to much model building.RAC_3609.JPGRAC_3611.JPG As for a build log, I'll think about it, I start very rough and ready and spend the rest of the build hiding the mess I make.

Back