74 Gun Ship - Gun decks [COMPLETED BUILD]

This is eye candy at its highest level with the precise detailing throughout. Maybe the end of the model but the beginning of viewing rewards for all. First Place Metal
First Place MetalFirst Place Metal Rich (PT-2)

This is a shooting cannon i made. it is 68 caliber takes 90 grains for a blank charge makes a good bang. im thinking if increasing to 150 grains for louder bang. i can also shoot a 68 cal lead ball too at 90 grains i can shoot about 120 yards with it within 2 inches of a target. I named it after the cannon in Master and Commander. i did all the rope work also used the seizing that would actually be used. check out my Bounty in 1/48 scale scratch build from Harold Hahn plans. picture is me working on the Charles W Morgan restoration i was whipping the running rigging lines.IMG_5283[1].JPGIMG_5285[1].JPGIMG_5286[1].JPGIMG_5284[1].JPGlester morgan new london 2014.jpg

by the way love your cannons......
Your large cannon makes my own .
View attachment Boom 2020-10-17.mp4
20 cal. blackpowder barrel look like a pea shooter. I don't know how far out it will fire the 15 grain ball with the 15 grain load that I use. My biggest problem is in accurate aiming of that small barrel. I don't have a station for it but use the carriage hawser on long cords leading to sandbags for recoil resistance. This is a video of the first time that I fired it. If you slow it way down upon firing you can see the entire carriage jump up and back.

Nice setup that you made. Rich (PT-2)

Back