• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

American Scout C-2 Cargo Ship by Sterling Models

that is because the superstructure appears to be rotated 90 degrees & is overhanging the hull letting the lights' wires & connectors hang down.
 
True. The point is, there are sooo many wires coming out of the superstructure. I’ve drilled a hole in the bottom of the ship. The wires will go through the bottom and the 3/4“ plywood to Just Plug light hubs beneath the plywood. So far, all the lights work. Lights can also be replaced when needed by lifting up the superstructure.
 
Vic, do all the lights come on all at once or select them individually?
 
I can select them individually with dimmer switches on the Just Plug light hub. It takes four lights. Each wire has its own resistor. I’ll probably have five light hubs, depending on whether I can install all the navigation lights. I would have to dig a groove down the stern and putty over the wires. I don’t want to do that because the light will eventually burn out, even if they are LEDs.
 
Back
Top