Amerigo Vespucci - 1:84 Panart

Hello all
After a long break in the US visiting my kids I am back home in the South of France and have resumed work on the Amerigo Vespucci.
After having completed the skeleton, I am now starting the hull first planking.
While the glue dries for each plank, I am also progressing on the main deck planking (walnut). The Mantua documentation suggest to start the deck planking in a later stage but I believe that, for the main deck, it's much easier to do this now, before putting the upper decks in place.
Some pictures below

View attachment 359921
View attachment 359922
View attachment 359923
It’s looking nice, Gilbert. I like the 3-stroke/joint deck planking with the smalle planks. It needs some extra attention, but it gives a nice personal touch.
Regards, Peter

Salut Gilbert
Est ce que les instructions de Mantua Panart sont fiables?
J'ai eu beaucoup de problèmes avec le San Felipe de la même marque, avec des mises à jour entre les plans et le document qui ne correspondaient pas.

Hi Gilbert
Are Mantua Panart instructions reliable?
I had a lot of problems with the San Felipe of the same company, with updates between the plans and the document that did not match.
Marco

Bonjour Marc
Jusqu'a present, je n'ai pas de probleme avec les instruction fournies par Mantua/Panart. On verra par la suite

Hello Marc
Until now, I did not have any issue with the instructions provided by Mantua/Panart. Let's see how it goes moving forward

Gilbert I did the same exact thing with my GORCH FOCK. It just seemed kinda pointless and wasnt a need to double work one self with 2nd planking if everything is smoothed out ready fro paint.

Hello all
Progressing well on the hull. Not yet ready but close. I believe that i am not going to do a second planking.

View attachment 365323

View attachment 365324
View attachment 365325

Working on the internal walls in parallel

View attachment 365326
View attachment 365327
View attachment 365328

Decks are mounted and deck planking is complete

View attachment 365329
View attachment 365332
Good morning Gilbert. I love the way your hull transformed. This this is a beautiful ship and am enjoying your process. Awesome work. Cheers Grant

Hello all
Progressing well on the hull. Not yet ready but close. I believe that i am not going to do a second planking.

View attachment 365323

View attachment 365324
View attachment 365325

Working on the internal walls in parallel

View attachment 365326
View attachment 365327
View attachment 365328

Decks are mounted and deck planking is complete

View attachment 365329
View attachment 365332
Great work Gilbert! I agree it makes no sense to double plank a painted hull, especially if you do a good job on the first layer. Bravo! ;)

Back