Amerigo Vespucci - 1:84 Panart

Hello all
I am now back home, recovering from my hip surgery that took place last Monday. I was wondering if I should post a picture of the post-surgery Xray in the "purchased shortly ago" section :p

First thing I did was to change the way the bolts are showing on the ochre color plates, just under the decks.
This is the way it looks based on the Panart instructions.
View attachment 375830

As you can see, this is not super accurate and I decided to insert small nails in each of the holes, to simulate the bolts.
This is now the way it looks (need a second coat of ochre paint)
View attachment 375831

After that, I worked on the stern doors and fittings.
Pictures below

View attachment 375832
View attachment 375833
View attachment 375834
Good morning Gilbert. It good to see you back- speedy recovery. Your nails “redo” is so like the ship in the pictures Frank sent you. Great decision. Cheers Grant

That looks really nice Gilbert. It really is an impressive kit and you are making a beautifull model out of it.
I hope recovery of the surgery goes well and you are not too much in pain.
Myself, I had surgery to my spine last week, so this now gives me also more time at the workbench (currently building Amati's Robt E Lee.).

That looks really nice Gilbert. It really is an impressive kit and you are making a beautifull model out of it.
I hope recovery of the surgery goes well and you are not too much in pain.
Myself, I had surgery to my spine last week, so this now gives me also more time at the workbench (currently building Amati's Robt E Lee.).
Thanks Leysend
Get well

Hello all
Progressing nicely on the Amerigo Vespucci. As I walk with some difficulty further to my hip surgery, I am spending a lot of time on the shipyard :)
Below some pictures of the progress so far

View attachment 377225
View attachment 377226
View attachment 377227
View attachment 377228
View attachment 377229
View attachment 377230
View attachment 377234View attachment 377232
View attachment 377233

View attachment 377231
Good morning Gilbert. Love it! What a beautiful hobby to relax and recover. Cheers Grant

Back