Amerigo Vespucci - 1:84 Panart

Hello Uwe
I am not sure what do you mean that I am using the look during the years of WWII?
Is this because of the machine guns? :)
The Panart documentation indicates that these machine guns are here to allow the navy apprentice to learn this aspect.
When you look at the Amerigo Vespucci now, I think there are no guns installed at the foredeck, so therefore I thought they were armed only during the war period. But maybe they are possible to dismantle and reassemble ....

But looking at the model of my friend Joachim he has also mounted these guns

When you look at the Amerigo Vespucci now, I think there are no guns installed at the foredeck, so therefore I thought they were armed only during the war period. But maybe they are possible to dismantle and reassemble ....

But looking at the model of my friend Joachim he has also mounted these guns

Hi Uwe
I think you are correct on one point: the Panart kit includes large guns as well as smaller guns, both on the fore deck. They are on Joachim model, as well as on mine.
When watching the video you included, you are correct on the fact that the large machine guns are not included anymore. However, the smaller guns in front of those larger ones are there.

Hi Uwe
I think you are correct on one point: the Panart kit includes large guns as well as smaller guns, both on the fore deck. They are on Joachim model, as well as on mine.
When watching the video you included, you are correct on the fact that the large machine guns are not included anymore. However, the smaller guns in front of those larger ones are there.
I think the smaller one are no guns, but some launching equipment for flare grenates or shells - I think, but could be wrong

Hello all
I am starting today a new project: 1:84 Amerigo Vespucci from Panart.
I have been looking at various kits of the Amerigo Vespucci (Mantua, Panart, Occre, Mamoli, Heller) and finally decided to go for the high-end model from Mantua/Panart.
It is indeed more expensive than the other models (I paid 711 euros) but considering the time that will be required to build this ship and the quality of this model, I am happy with my decision.
The first step is to go through all the elements of the box.
Considering that the ship can be sold either in 1 large box or in 8 different smaller boxes, the documentation is divided into 8 booklets, 1 per box. So far, those booklets look very comprehensive.
Below pictures of the various components included in the box.

View attachment 342494
View attachment 342481
View attachment 342482
View attachment 342483
View attachment 342484
View attachment 342485
View attachment 342486View attachment 342487View attachment 342488View attachment 342489
View attachment 342490
View attachment 342491

View attachment 342480

View attachment 342492
Hallo @Gilbertm
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day

Happy birthday Gilbert.
Just like you I just started the same kit. I’m finishing the planking

It is a very nice kit and I will follow with great interest your progress and your adviceP1001227.JPG
Sylvain

Hi Gilbert. My birthday wish for you is that you would get to live in my favorite vacation spot...wait...you already do! Happy birthday my friend!
Thanks Paul
I indeed live in a great area (you can see the village of Mougins in the background of the last picture I posted).
I'd be happy to have you stop by next time you are in France :cool:

Bonjour Sylvain
The paint I have been using for the lower part of the hull is dark green from "Marabu" (I bought it at Cultura)
Below pictures of the spray and the cap
20230827_144728.jpg
20230827_144735.jpg

Back