Amerigo Vespucci - 1:84 Panart

Hello
The two 10 meter motor boats are done (some adjustments to be made on the second one)
View attachment 398900
View attachment 398901

I am also working on the 8.5 meter motor boats. One is ready to be painted, while the second one still requires some work.
View attachment 398902

In parallel, I am also progressing on the bowsprit. Pictures below

View attachment 398903
View attachment 398904
View attachment 398905

Thanks for watching
Good afternoon Gilbert. Wow, you have certainly convinced me to buy this kit. So impressive. Beautiful work on the motor boat. Are you ready for a Springbok (SA) assault on France next weekend :D :D :D . Going to be the Final in the quarter finals. (Although I think the Irish are the form team right now). Cheers Grant

Good afternoon Gilbert. Wow, you have certainly convinced me to buy this kit. So impressive. Beautiful work on the motor boat. Are you ready for a Springbok (SA) assault on France next weekend :D :D :D . Going to be the Final in the quarter finals. (Although I think the Irish are the form team right now). Cheers Grant
Thanks Grant
Sunday will be indeed a strong game
looking forward to a France victory ;)

Good evening Gilbert. You just being nice. Nope Paul, not in my life timeROTFROTF. Cheers Grant
Not so pessimistic, Grant, as long as the US sticks to, like let's say, football, no worries; they'll be the ruling world champion, hands down...

Good morning Gilbert. Eish, France just could not get that last point. A titanic match for sure and a few mistakes cost you guys- conversion charged down and a reckless 22 drop into touch….I don’t think the best team won on the day, however we will take the win. A 1 pointer and I felt for you guys. Cheers Grant

Good morning Gilbert. Eish, France just could not get that last point. A titanic match for sure and a few mistakes cost you guys- conversion charged down and a reckless 22 drop into touch….I don’t think the best team won on the day, however we will take the win. A 1 pointer and I felt for you guys. Cheers Grant
Hi Grant
Indeed this was a great game but the end did not turn to France, that's sport.
By the way, there is a lot of turmoil here in France about the decisions (or lack of) from the NZ referee.
Anyway, when you lose you always need to get a culprit Thumbsdown

Hi Grant
By the way, there is a lot of turmoil here in France about the decisions (or lack of) from the NZ referee.
Not being heavily involved I watching sports, rugby and Australian football are two of the sports I occasionally like to watch. Definitely spectacular, regardless who wins. Nevertheless my congratulations for @GrantTyler and my sympathy for @Gilbertm .

Hi Grant
Good morning Gilbert. For once SA came out in favour of a few close calls by the ref. I did think we were going to loose a player to a yellow or maybe even a red card for the head contact so I certainly understand the French turmoil. Looking forward to seeing som more work on you Amerigo Vespucci. Cheers Grant

After having completed the two 10m motor boats, I worked on the two 8.5m motor boats.
These are now completed. Pictures below:

20231018_190145.jpg
20231018_190157.jpg
20231030_111605.jpg
20231030_111720.jpg

I also started on the 8.5m rowing boats (there are 4 in total)
20231030_121321.jpg
20231030_111940.jpg

In addition to building all these small boats, I also continued on the bowsprit and have installed the safety net.
20231030_155138.jpg
20231030_155123.jpg

that's it for today. Building all those small boats takes for ever...

20231030_111720.jpg

After having completed the two 10m motor boats, I worked on the two 8.5m motor boats.

View attachment 403631
View attachment 403632
View attachment 403633
View attachment 403639

View attachment 403640
View attachment 403641

In addition to building all these small boats, I also continued on the bowsprit and have installed the safety net.
View attachment 403642
View attachment 403643

View attachment 403637
Gilbert, when they say the phrase “you improve with each build “ they must have had you in mind. You da man.

View attachment 403631
View attachment 403632
View attachment 403633
View attachment 403639

View attachment 403640
View attachment 403641

View attachment 403642
View attachment 403643

View attachment 403637
Good evening Gilbert. Those are tiny little boats on that model and you have done an excellent job. Cheers Grant

I feel your pain Gilbert. Some repetitive tasks are fun - other are nightmarish (for me - rigging guns)! I hope the little boats are different enough to keep up your interest. But they can be fiddly when dealing with them in bulk...
Thanks Paul
In order to have more fun :) , I am doing in parallel bowsprit and additional deck decorations. This allows me to diversify a bit.
Luckily for me there are no guns on the Amerigo Vespucci :p

Back