Amerigo Vespucci, OcCre . 1:100 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Стройка началась. Не самый сложный этап, но важный. Первое впечатление от набора. Отлично проработана фото инструкция, все пока хорошо стыкуется.
Была мысль сделать подсветку, но не нашел удобное. Провода и нагревы испугали. Вроде есть решение с индукционными светодиодными лампами на Aliexpress, но два индукционных кольца диаметром 20 см , и необходимость располагать их под углом 90 градусов похронило и эту идею.
Но облагораживание иллюминаторов (их под 100 шт. с внутренним диаметром 2 мм) стеклянными вставками созрело, ищу шарики.
Удивило удивили металлические шлюпка, заказал для начала замену из дерева. Думаю удастся их приспособить для этой модели. Получу заказ покажу.
Construction has begun. Not the most difficult stage, but an important one. The first impression of the set. The photo instruction is perfectly worked out, everything fits together well so far.
There was an idea to make a backlight, but I did not find a convenient one. Wires and heating scared. It seems there is a solution with induction LED lamps on Aliexpress, but two induction rings with a diameter of 20 cm, and the need to position them at an angle of 90 degrees dropped this idea.
But the improvement of portholes (they are under 100 pcs. with an inner diameter of 2 mm) glass inserts are ripe, I'm looking for balls.
I was surprised by the metal boat, I ordered a replacement made of wood to begin with. I think it will be possible to adapt them for this model. I'll get the order and show it.

20220911_103714.jpg

20220911_184136.jpg

Стройка началась. Не самый сложный этап, но важный. Первое впечатление от набора. Отлично проработана фото инструкция, все пока хорошо стыкуется.
Была мысль сделать подсветку, но не нашел удобное. Провода и нагревы испугали. Вроде есть решение с индукционными светодиодными лампами на Aliexpress, но два индукционных кольца диаметром 20 см , и необходимость располагать их под углом 90 градусов похронило и эту идею.
Но облагораживание иллюминаторов (их под 100 шт. с внутренним диаметром 2 мм) стеклянными вставками созрело, ищу шарики.
Удивило удивили металлические шлюпка, заказал для начала замену из дерева. Думаю удастся их приспособить для этой модели. Получу заказ покажу.
Construction has begun. Not the most difficult stage, but an important one. The first impression of the set. The photo instruction is perfectly worked out, everything fits together well so far.
There was an idea to make a backlight, but I did not find a convenient one. Wires and heating scared. It seems there is a solution with induction LED lamps on Aliexpress, but two induction rings with a diameter of 20 cm, and the need to position them at an angle of 90 degrees dropped this idea.
But the improvement of portholes (they are under 100 pcs. with an inner diameter of 2 mm) glass inserts are ripe, I'm looking for balls.
I was surprised by the metal boat, I ordered a replacement made of wood to begin with. I think it will be possible to adapt them for this model. I'll get the order and show it.

View attachment 328017

View attachment 328018
Good morning. I will watch this build with interest. This is a lovely ship. Cheers Grant

View attachment 328017

View attachment 328018
Hello Igor,
I'll be following your build since the Amerigo Vespucci will be my next project

I think that kit could be further improved by upgrading the chunky cast metal ships boats and other fittings with better aftermarket ones.
I completely agree with you. The decision on the boats has already been made by me, so far I have ordered five pieces - wooden ones.
I'm solving the issue of glazing portholes, I'll tell you about it when I get it.
Other improvements as work progresses.
Полностью с Вами согласен. По шлюпкам решение уже мной принято, заказал пока пять штук - деревянных.
Решаю вопрос по остеклению иллюминаторов, об этом раскажу когда получится.
Остальные доработки по мере работ.

I will follow your log with big interest - I agree with Brian about the white metal parts - I do not like them in principle and also special not here in this kit
Where did you find wooden boats in a similar scale of the Amerigo model kit?

I don't like metal parts in this set either. I found it on this Russian site, I attach the link, I will finalize them
The difference of 10 millimeters I think is not significant for boats carried overboard

He developed the glazing of the portholes, the photo shows (in the center) a device and 4 ready-made portholes.
Routine work deck decoration is also visible
Разработал остекление иллюминаторов, на фото видно ( в центре) приспособление и 4 готовых иллюминатора.
Рутинная работа оформление палубы также видна

20220913_211758.jpg

Неожиданно для меня, удалось сделать основные палубы. Почти все хорошо встало, только под грузом пришлось все подержать.
Unexpectedly for me, I managed to make the main decks. Almost everything got up well, but I had to hold everything under the load.
Sorry for the English, the translation is done by a machine.

20220917_142947.jpg

20220917_143034.jpg

20220917_143048.jpg

20220915_171651.jpg

Good evening or afternoon!
I finished the first layer of cladding, I haven't processed it yet.
Refused to mount the rails, as recommended by the manufacturer with nails. He says it is necessary to treat the surface until the "hat" from the carnation is worn off.
Excellent wood, the slats are processed well, but they are very brittle. Soaked in hot water for 15 minutes, this allowed bending and shaping.
Instead of nails, I use pins (and grandma's thimble, see the photo), buttons are also convenient, as in the photo.
I am glad if my experience is useful to someone.

Добрый вечер или день!
Закончил первый слой обшивки, еще не обрабатывал.
Отказался от крепления реек , как рекомендовал производитель с помощью гвоздей. Он говорит надо обрабатывать поверхность пока "шляпка" от гвоздика не будет сточена.
Отличное дерево,хорошо рейки обрабатываются, но они очень ломкие. Вымачивал в горячей воде минут 15, это позволяло гнуть и придавать форму.
Вместо гвоздей использую булавки ( и бабушкин наперсток смотрите на фото) , также удобны кнопки, как на фото.
Рад если мой опыт кому нибудь пригодится.

20220923_195358 (2).jpg

Couldn't resist. Postponed the cleaning of the primary skin of the model, almost finished.
Here is one of the boats made of wood- pear, you can compare what is offered. She's a little potbellied. I painted a little differently than recommended, but it's not scary there are 4 of them there. Do you think it's worth replacing?
Не смог удержаться. Отложил зачистку первичной обшивки модели, почти закончил.
Вот одна из шлюпок из дерева- груша, можно сравнить то что предлагается . Она немного пузатей. Покрасил немного не так как рекомендуется, но это не страшно их там таких 4 штуки. Как считаете стоит заменять?
P.S. I treated the surface and repainted the boat. It has become much better.

20220925_203735.jpg20220925_203752.jpg

Last edited:
Good evening or afternoon!
I finished the first layer of cladding, I haven't processed it yet.
Refused to mount the rails, as recommended by the manufacturer with nails. He says it is necessary to treat the surface until the "hat" from the carnation is worn off.
Excellent wood, the slats are processed well, but they are very brittle. Soaked in hot water for 15 minutes, this allowed bending and shaping.
Instead of nails, I use pins (and grandma's thimble, see the photo), buttons are also convenient, as in the photo.
I am glad if my experience is useful to someone.

Добрый вечер или день!
Закончил первый слой обшивки, еще не обрабатывал.
Отказался от крепления реек , как рекомендовал производитель с помощью гвоздей. Он говорит надо обрабатывать поверхность пока "шляпка" от гвоздика не будет сточена.
Отличное дерево,хорошо рейки обрабатываются, но они очень ломкие. Вымачивал в горячей воде минут 15, это позволяло гнуть и придавать форму.
Вместо гвоздей использую булавки ( и бабушкин наперсток смотрите на фото) , также удобны кнопки, как на фото.
Рад если мой опыт кому нибудь пригодится.

View attachment 330235
Good morning. Your deck and planking are looking good. This is a very good looking ship and will be fun to build. Cheers Grant

That's how the board turned out. It needs to be finalized. The glass pleases me, I will replace some.
It took a lot of time to finalize the case and draw lines. The process continues
Вот такой получился борт. Надо доработать. Стеклышки меня радует, заменю некоторые.
Много времени ушло на доработку корпуса и нанесение линий. Ппроцесс продолжается

20221018_220345.jpg

That's how the board turned out. It needs to be finalized. The glass pleases me, I will replace some.
It took a lot of time to finalize the case and draw lines. The process continues
Вот такой получился борт. Надо доработать. Стеклышки меня радует, заменю некоторые.
Много времени ушло на доработку корпуса и нанесение линий. Ппроцесс продолжается

View attachment 335182
Stunning.

Back