BALDER, Vlaardingen Herring Lugger from 1912, scratch build scale 1:50 Plate-On-Frame

The learning curve in Fusion is inversely proportional to the shape of the hull of the Balder ...... ;):mad:
Pointed all the Station Lines:
0023 Fushion-2.jpg
But now working on only the starboard side (learning moment 15) and 12 Station Lines completed as half frames:
0024 Fushion-3.jpg
When completed at the end just a mirror to the port ...... ;)

Here a drawing explanation of the Station Lines which are therefore not the necessary 54 frames:
0025 Loze spanten.jpg
I pointed the Station Line 8 and that line is just in front of frame 44.
Now I have to draw the horizontal panels, like the 7 'Waterlines' and the top of the 'Bulwark'.
Then the 6 'Verticals'.
And hopefully, after a few more steps that I still have to figure out, I can get the actual shape of the frames by shifting those Station Lines.
But that’s for now a form of 'Wishful thinking' ........:rolleyes:
Regards, Peter/Peet/Peer

Last edited:
Dear Peter. I am late to the party but will gladly accept standing space. I am very glad to see that you have made a start with this model as it promises to be a highly interesting and entertaining build. I wish you the best of luck with your endeavors - not that you need it, but still ...

Dear Peter. I am late to the party but will gladly accept standing space. I am very glad to see that you have made a start with this model as it promises to be a highly interesting and entertaining build. I wish you the best of luck with your endeavors - not that you need it, but still ...
Sorry Heinrich, no standings! But such a friend is more than welcome. I borrowed this chair from my neighbor for you:
IMG_8896.jpeg
Regards, Peter

Hi Peter, If it’s anything like the standard of your BN. build then we’re in for a treat. An unusual subject to choose, it never surprises me any more what modellers on this forum successfully take on, I’m sure of one thing, we’re in for an entertaining journey, good luck with it. Ken

Hi Peter, If it’s anything like the standard of your BN. build then we’re in for a treat. An unusual subject to choose, it never surprises me any more what modellers on this forum successfully take on, I’m sure of one thing, we’re in for an entertaining journey, good luck with it. Ken
Thanks, Ken. I‘ll do my best to go for a interesting build (+log).
Regard, Peter

I'm in time, almost missed this one. Working with plastics is always interresting. Succes Peter.

And about the rivets, if you look to Mees Ippel's Statenjacht, he used glue or paint drops. Maybe an idea to use epoxy resin for this.
Hi Stephan. Just 2 pages in the start-up phase. ;)
In the scale of Mees ..... mmmmm
They should also be slightly flattened. See them original Balder:
IMG_8839.jpeg
And then all (presumably) 14.537 somewhat similar in shape …… :rolleyes:
But it’s in the list if tries.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
View attachment 393669
And then all (presumably) 14,537 somewhat similar in shape …… :rolleyes:
Regards, Peter
I searched the link to Mees for anybody who wants to know.
But these nails will be a hell of a job. There are a lot o_O

View attachment 393669
And then all (presumably) 14.537 somewhat similar in shape …… :rolleyes:
Regards, Peter
Hi peter,

Seeing these is it not better to just stamp these into the plastic with a small tube of the right size?

Back