Black Pearl By ZHL build

well I knew it was coming, but didn't think I'd get hit so soon I officially feel sick as a dog I've been feeling a bit under the weather the past week but today it slammed me good, haven't felt like doing much today other then sitting in my chair after I got home from work. I seem to get this every year as soon as the weather starts to turn. I think we are in for a nasty winter here. Last year I ended up with pneumonia because I refuse to lay down to a cold I just push through it like a True Marine. But this year I think I'm gonna head the advice and take it easy on myself. I'm still gonna be doing stuff just don't know how much I'll feel like doing. I will try though no mistake about it.

well I knew it was coming, but didn't think I'd get hit so soon I officially feel sick as a dog I've been feeling a bit under the weather the past week but today it slammed me good, haven't felt like doing much today other then sitting in my chair after I got home from work. I seem to get this every year as soon as the weather starts to turn. I think we are in for a nasty winter here. Last year I ended up with pneumonia because I refuse to lay down to a cold I just push through it like a True Marine. But this year I think I'm gonna head the advice and take it easy on myself. I'm still gonna be doing stuff just don't know how much I'll feel like doing. I will try though no mistake about it.
Hope that you're better soon mate. Eat chicken broth soup and have a lot of garlic. Hope that you're not a vampire that is. Lol :p:p:p
Getwellsoon
Greg

Get well @Peglegreg !
Joe - excellent planking brother ! Thumbs-Up I like the picture with natural planking and Black stern, etc. You know, I just had a thought while I was reading about your decision on the Sails. I don't know if this would work or not, if you decide one day to do full sails, then try this: take a 1mm brass wire and somehow "hem" that in on the bottom and on the sides of (like one sail). Then after you mount the sail to the yard, then shape the sides and bottom of sail as it will have the stiff brass rod in it. This will take care of the shape on the ends, but as far as the billowing effect, maybe a wash of white glue and shaping while it dries. ????

Get well soon,I am not sure how the flu season viruses working but I never get “flu”.

TY Donnie I may just try that
I usually don't get the Flu as I get a shot every year for that Its a must do in my house because it wouldn't be good for my Grandson to get he has a condition where even a common cold could Kill him so every time he is feeling under the weather he has to be hospitalized to ensure that doesn't happen. I have an appointment Monday to get my flu shot but I am already sick so.

I have an appointment Monday to get my flu shot but I am already sick so.
That's like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted.
Lol:p:D:)
What is the condition that your grandson has? If you don't my me asking.
Getwellsoon
Greg

yep except I don't have the Flu yet this is just the weather changing causing me to be congested the smoking I do doesn't help any, but if I stop smoking I wont be very nice to be around and I'll no doubt break out in handcuffs having to deal with all the Idiots I deal with in a day. I was on a job yesterday where I set the RPM of an engine I used a tachometer and set it exactly to the Manual the operator came up and said it wasn't running right I told him its set to factory Specs he told me I didn't know what I was doing and it wasn't right. So my reply was if you know how to do it and what's Right why in the hell did you call me. The funny thing is I would have set it to his liking had he not be a pin head and approached me like he did. I left it at factory spec. exactly the way I'm supposed to and that's exactly what my company and the factory wants me do. So now he can eat crap and deal with it lol Lesson number 1 Don't mess with your Technician EVER, had he said another word I would have shut it down for the entire day and done a complete valve train tune up as well as Fuel pump and Injector tune up so no machine ALL DAY, opps sorry you have to hand load today this machine is OUT OF ORDER. I'm only a certified Technician with 25 years exp and Zero call backs in 11 years so what do I know. Then I deal with drivers on the road who must have gotten there license from a cracker jack box. So I smoke it calms me down and no one gets there feelings hurt.

G'day Joe
Next time count to ten! When you reach 5 walk away and if he's still bagging you, offer him a salute. The one finger one, if you get my drift.
And Do Not smoke!
Greg

Well its finally done I felt pretty good today when I got home from work so I jumped on the rest of the planking for this ship. I have a little sanding to do to get her nice and smooth for the second planking, but that should go fairly quickly. because of the oddness of this hull I elected to cut in a rabbit at the stern post to run the planking into. basically the transom is smaller then the Bow area so even tapering in the planking I was running out of room there while I could have just run some stealers I figured it wouldn't look bad at all to run the planks into the deadwood area of the keel, provided I cut in space for then to flush fit into. I am happy with how it turned out. and it will make the second planking look better in that area overall.
20181022_195317.jpg20181022_195342.jpg20181022_195323.jpg20181022_195347.jpg

G'day Joe
I'm being a Smart Ar#se here ......the bulkhead a must be very strong because you said '.....work so I jumped on the rest of the planking for this ship.' Lol.:p:p:D;)
Great job on the planking!
Havagoodone mate
Greg

It's looking good Joe.
I know how you feel about "idiot" clients, I service Printers and Copiers and probably 60% of my calls are due to things clients have done wrong, with School Teachers being the worst. With the exception of the members of this forum I have come to the conclusion that everyone else is completely brain dead. Don't even get me going on other drivers, Belfast City centre now has Bus Lanes everywhere, the trouble is the Buses don't use them.
Cheers Andy

Back