• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

Bluenose Schooner 1921 - Model Shipways 1:64 by TexBilly

After I installed my railing, and while the Bowsprit fit up was still fresh on my mind, I built my Samson Post/Bowsprit Bitts. I added a brace behind the bitts/under the platform to strengthen and help square that joint (to say that end of the kit-provided "platform" is flimsy would be an understatement). I also began shaping the end of my Bowsprit, cut a tenon, and confirmed its fit into the post's mortise. Finally, a little black & white fun in the last pic. :)

IMG_2023.jpeg IMG_2022.jpeg

IMG_2024.jpeg

IMG_2026 BW.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top