Kit review BLUENOSE SCHOONER POF MODEL -1:72 – YuanQing Models

@PT-2 it is highly likely that the prince as a member of the royal family together with King George V would have had some type of meeting with Walters and possibly his crew at some point during the Bluenose presence. An additional tack to follow is that I will attempt to find if the Grand Lodge of Nova Scotia had any type of document for communication for Walters to take over and present in a manner of respect between the Grand Lodges.

Well, we do know that King George V presented Bluenose (Angus Walters) with a new mainsail during this visit to England in 1935. So, a meeting did take place in all likelihood.

The other thing that I am curious about is why Angus Walters had changed the Masonic symbol to the Odd Fellows one? @PT-2 Rich's excellent research has already revealed additional information on Bluenose - who knows what information lies hidden in the Odd Fellows lodges?

Hello Jan. That is a good question.

Bear in mind though that the kit was conceived as an "Admiralty" style of build with the Port Side and deck portion fully planked and the Starboard side of the hull and deck open. This gives it the continuity of style which is typical of an Admiralty-type build. I have also had requests for the kit in 1:48 scale as well as a version in boxwood. The problem is that all these changes will come at an additional cost. For the time being, my chief concern is to launch the kit successfully in the West and to make the whole process as easy and seamless as possible. Once that is done, variances and changes can be investigated and a feasibility study done. :)
Hi Heinrich,

Sorry, I didn’t mean to muddy the waters, I was wondering what their long range kit plans were. I can see that this kit as is will be a huge success.

Jan

@Pathfinder65 My friend you will never muddy any waters as far as I am concerned. It is exactly this kind of input that we need from our members. I have already communicated the changes that need to be made to the stern lettering to YuanQing and they are most receptive to those changes. So to make a suggestion like that is absolutely great if it means that we widen the scope of the kit. It is just a case that I first need to complete the crawling stage before I can enter sprints! ROTF

I can tell you that we are in constant communication and one of the topics under discussion is - of course - long term plans. And what is great is that YuanQing appreciates any input that we can give them in that regard!

@Pathfinder65 My friend you will never muddy any waters as far as I am concerned. It is exactly this kind of input that we need from our members. I have already communicated the changes that need to be made to the stern lettering to YuanQing and they are most receptive to those changes. So to make a suggestion like that is absolutely great if it means that we widen the scope of the kit. It is just a case that I first need to complete the crawling stage before I can enter sprints! ROTF

I can tell you that we are in constant communication and one of the topics under discussion is - of course - long term plans. And what is great is that YuanQing appreciates any input that we can give them in that regard!
I would be very interested in ordering this kit.

Hello Jan. That is a good question.

Bear in mind though that the kit was conceived as an "Admiralty" style of build with the Port Side and deck portion fully planked and the Starboard side of the hull and deck open. This gives it the continuity of style which is typical of an Admiralty-type build. I have also had requests for the kit in 1:48 scale as well as a version in boxwood. The problem is that all these changes will come at an additional cost. For the time being, my chief concern is to launch the kit successfully in the West and to make the whole process as easy and seamless as possible. Once that is done, variances and changes can be investigated and a feasibility study done. :)
Have you noticed if the kit build is in the racing or fishing presentation which would affect both deck items as well as rigging. Just wondering. again???? Rich

Have you noticed if the kit build is in the racing or fishing presentation which would affect both deck items as well as rigging. Just wondering. again???? Rich
I too would like a planking kit in the Pear and other species typical of the kit (I am not sure what is being referred to as "boxwood" is in contrast to the basic kit other than I assume the requests are so that the builder may lay their own planking (deck and hull) as they desire and not "forced" to use the laser cut pieces particularly with the deck. Thanks for the clarification while we await the change of tides. RIch (PT-2)

PT-2 ,
boxwood is a beautiful timber and very in demand for ship models. I have already built two Cherry timbered plank on frame kits.
Boxwood has a nice contrast to Cherry or pear, but I guess its all up to an individuals personal taste.
Not having work with it I had to ask. I'll go for the Boxwood also if it becomes available. Thanks, Rich

@PT-2 Rich, I think there is confusion with regards to the Boxwood. There is absolutely NO talk of a Boxwood version for this kit at this stage. It would be very unwise of me to offer the kit in various guises and varieties before it is fully established in the market. Boxwood is a very light-coloured wood which is often used for carving and decorations. As such it would not be keeping in character with the Bluenose design. Also bear in mind that Boxwood is considerably more expensive.

@PT-2 Rich, I think there is confusion with regards to the Boxwood. There is absolutely NO talk of a Boxwood version for this kit at this stage. It would be very unwise of me to offer the kit in various guises and varieties before it is fully established in the market. Boxwood is a very light-coloured wood which is often used for carving and decorations. As such it would not be keeping in character with the Bluenose design. Also bear in mind that Boxwood is considerably more expensive.
Thanks, I was just reading/listening to prior requests and I am happy to stay with what is available in the kit as we may receive it. Rich

@PT-2 Rich - to be very honest - I have no idea what the differences are between the fishing and racing rigging. The best that I can do you is to show you a very large drawing of the kit fully rigged. Whether this rigging is representative of her in fishing or racing guise though, I would not know.

全肋骨蓝鼻号图纸7.jpg

@PT-2 Rich - to be very honest - I have no idea what the differences are between the fishing and racing rigging. The best that I can do you is to show you a very large drawing of the kit fully rigged. Whether this rigging is representative of her in fishing or racing guise though, I would not know.

View attachment 192781
I will look at my plan sheets, which are marked with symbols for both racing and fishing, and see if I can tell the difference using this small photo. I'll get back on that in a day or so as I have other engagements today. Rich

Back