Kit review BLUENOSE SCHOONER POF MODEL -1:72 – YuanQing Models

@Dematosdg As I said, for now it's all Bluenose. Since she sailed into the Nantong shipyard, there is not time for anything else! My builds are at a complete standstill!
Also do not forget that an independent third party facebook page is advertising the kit so Heinrich just keep it real Lol

It was good to know a little bit more about YuanQing as I recently bought their 1:50 Royal Caroline. Both the RC and the Bluenose appear to both be quality kits.
If possible, it would be really nice if you can make a kit review of YQ's Royal Caroline. This way we can give our members a detailed view of this kit. What do you think?

If possible, it would be really nice if you can make a kit review of YQ's Royal Caroline. This way we can give our members a detailed view of this kit. What do you think?
I think that that request, while wanted, should be put off for a bit so that Heinrich can complete what he has on his desk right not and then a well earned rest before taking up additional tasks. Just my thought. Rich (PT-2)

@Jimsky That is a nice thought, Jim, but I have not yet decided whether I will become fully involved with the marketing of the Royal Caroline. As @PT-2 said, Bluenose is the absolute #1 Priority at this stage.

After that - and the rest :) - there is also the question of future model development with YuanQing. So ... plenty to keep me busy!

@Dematosdg I would assume so Daniel. However, if I were to get involved with the RC it will only be the 1:30 scale Boxwood version.

I went to ZHL site and, in the video, he shows is the YQ model .

I got it like 4 -5 months ago and is now in my barn waiting to be done in the future. At that time I didn't paid attention to the developer name at the box.

Now ZHL sells all the carvings, in pear wood, for the RC 1:50. I have the resin version.

Jimsky if WarrLight doesn't have time I can do a box opening next week (Thanksgiving) that I will be on vacation, together with the Druid box opening that Brian077 requested.

To PT-2 : A box opening or review of another kit that YQ produce I do not see it as an interfere of the great job that Heinrich is doing now with the Bluenose.

Cheers
Daniel

I think there is some confusion here, possibly not enough sleep or coffee :) ,@Jimsky was actually asking @WarrLight to do a review of the kit he recently bought.
I also have a new kit I am starting but after @Heinrich 's review of the Bluenose I would be too embarrassed to attempt such a feat! :p;)

You are correct on the confusion. JIMSKY request was totally independent of what Heinrich is doing. Due to that I offered myself to do it if WarrLight does not have time.

Beside, you do not need to be embarrassed to do a "box oppening at aleast". There are many excellent reviews on SOS, like the one Heinrich did, but you do not need to think that we all have to do a review of such high level. I can't...... so when I was request to do it for the Soleil Royal, that ZHL sells and many members are building, I offered to do just a "box oppening" to show all the contents. I thought that will be too basic because the ZHL video and internet site showed the same or better. Nevertheless, many members discussed, commented on that "box opening thread ". At the end was useful.

So I encourage you to go on and show the details of your kit without comparing yourself with the many high level reviews you can find at SOS.

So, this will be my last post about this topic here, because this is a YQ Bluenose thread and I do not want to generate any distraction of what a GREAT JOB IS HEINRICH DOING to get the kit to your hands.

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:
Sorry for late reply gentlemen...I did get the YuanQing Royal Caroline scale 1:50. I paid $258 plus $68 shipping to the Philippines. The purchase was thru Max at ZHL. I will do a quick box opening and kit review, hopefully in the next few days. In a few weeks, hopefully I can finish my Black Pearl and get started on my Royal Caroline. It's been sitting in a corner calling out to me.

PSX_20201118_200238.jpg
PSX_20201118_200304.jpg

With apologies to @Heinrich for hijacking his thread.

Back