Kit review BLUENOSE SCHOONER POF MODEL -1:72 – YuanQing Models

@PT-2 Dear Rich A very happy birthday to you on behalf of everyone in the Bluenose fraternity. ExplosionBottleBirthday-Cake I have a special birthday surprise for you a little later!
Thank you very much but I'll go into our "double hammock" and read a few more chapters in a great semi-fiction work of several volumes that my younger brother has been writing for the past four years and may never finish about the ships and engagements under Nelson and others in the decades just before and after the 1800s and the Napolionic era.

And as promised on @PT-2 Rich's birthday - his gift!

bluenose_stern__crew-1200x800.jpg

Notice how the "B" and "L" of Bluenose wrap around the stern as well as the floral decorations on either side.

WeChat Image_20201120093820.jpg

WeChat Image_20201120093749.jpg

Obviously the previous nameplate should be ignored. Now it's for quality verification wherein the consistency and ageing are tested and then final production.

Hello Heinrich, I wish to congratulate you and your crew for doing such a great job on the completion of your Bluenose kit and also that great looking stern name plate. This is exactly as I had hopped for when I requested that you you look into the original name plate on your Bluenose interduction, WELL DONE.
Heinrich this name plate announcement is almost a gift to my Admiral Bernadette and I as today is our 55ths Anniversary. Your presentation may have been unknow to you at the time but it sure appears that way, Thank You Very Much.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Heinrich, I wish to congratulate you and your crew for doing such a great job on the completion of your Bluenose kit and also that great looking stern name plate. This is exactly as I had hopped for when I requested that you you look into the original name plate on your Bluenose interduction, WELL DONE.
Heinrich this name plate announcement is almost a gift to my Admiral Bernadette and I as today is our 55ths Anniversary. Your presentation may have been unknow to you at the time but it sure appears that way, Thank You Very Much.
Regards Lawrence

Agreed and congratulations to you both.
Mike

@Canoe21 ; @coalman Thank you very much for your kind words Lawrence and Mike. I am very heartened. @yqmodel Xiulin at YuanQing have done an amazing job on this.

@Canoe21 Congratulations to you and Bernadette on your 55th Lawrence! ExplosionBottle. Please take this posting as our anniversary gift to you. This is what is so great about this group. In-between all the postings here, there are numerous PMs that get exchanged on a regular basis which is wonderful. I really get the feeling that we are building a strong Bluenose family here.

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 3.46.34 PM (1).png

i did a little research on the above statement claiming the above kits are plank on frame and supported by those supporting the post with a thumbs up. It appears those guys have no clue what POF and POB means.
To inform the uninformed the P stands for plank the O stands for the word on and the B is for bulkhead the F is for frame
seems you fell down your own slippery slope

let take a look at the facts and not twisted propaganda both these kits clearly show plywood bulkheads and NOT hull frames

artbn.JPGbillings BN.JPG

Amati Bluenose Wooden Fishing Yacht Ship Model Kit
Brand: Amati
model ship kit by Amati!
High quality English instructions included.
Double planking on bulkhead construction.

Model Shipways'
Plank-on-bulkhead construction uses laser cut basswood parts for a perfect fit. Flexible basswood
strips are supplied for planking the hull.

The truth is YQ Models is in fact the one and only true plank on frame kit of the Blue Nose

Just a reminder for those in doubt

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/full-rib-bluenose-finished-product-全肋骨蓝鼻号成品.6218/post-134556

Dear All : LEGITIMACY:

Unbeknown to most, I have embarked on quite a mission to find out what would constitute a "legal" model in terms of copyright issues. This had to be addressed on two fronts:

1. Whether there is any ling between the YUANQING model and another existing model;
2. Whether the YUANQING model would be in breach of the Bluenose Company - not in terms of copyright - but in terms of a licensing agreement.

The first point was easy to obtain clarity on. There are no other POF kits of Bluenose in existence.

The second point was of much greater concern to me. And here I have to give very big hats off and thank you to @Dave Stevens who has taken it upon himself to find out all the nuts and bolts in this regard. Here is the reply that Dave received from Janet MacIsaac -Senior Shore Crew Associate of the Bluenose company that operates Bluenose II. Also a big thanks to @zoly99sask who has forwarded me Dave's reply.

Good Morning, David.

There aren't any copyright laws for replica Bluenose models or kits, there are several companies producing and selling them. Most of these models are not exactly accurate, they tend to mass-produce one schooner design and change the nameplate - the distinctive features of the actual Bluenose are often lost in translation. The paint scheme on the example you have provided is not correct, the riggings don't appear to be entirely accurate either.
Thank you for your inquiry!

Janet MacIsaac
Senior Shore Crew Associate

View attachment 194113

i did a little research on the above statement claiming the above kits are plank on frame and supported by those supporting the post with a thumbs up. It appears those guys have no clue what POF and POB means.
To inform the uninformed the P stands for plank the O stands for the word on and the B is for bulkhead the F is for frame
seems you fell down your own slippery slope

let take a look at the facts and not twisted propaganda both these kits clearly show plywood bulkheads and NOT hull frames

View attachment 194114View attachment 194115

Amati Bluenose Wooden Fishing Yacht Ship Model Kit
Brand: Amati
model ship kit by Amati!
High quality English instructions included.
Double planking on bulkhead construction.

Model Shipways'
Plank-on-bulkhead construction uses laser cut basswood parts for a perfect fit. Flexible basswood
strips are supplied for planking the hull.

The truth is YQ Models is in fact the one and only true plank on frame kit of the Blue Nose
Hello Dave, Did you ever stop to consider this all may due to those have wit bunch on the other form, I do feel very sorry for them.
Regards Lawrence

Hi Everybody,
Wow! This is something else going on here. Just wanted to say that I am a member of all 3 sites. MSW, MSB, and SoS. I joined them years and years ago.
My opinion is all 3 heads of state ergo Winston, Donnie, and Chuck have the right to run their site with the rules they want. If they want to bad mouth the modeling sites selling Pirated kits, then so be it. But neither site has the right to bad mouth another site, because what I just said. Plan and simple "THOSE WHO OWN THE GOLD MAKE THE RULES"....to the site they are associated with. I am not being to be rude to any site or anyone here.
MSW started bashing the Bluenose Kit from YQ. They have every right it's his site. I do not think members should be a part of that argument. But what is low class is bashing the other sites in the process. As I have read at MSW they are now bashing mainly SoS and every now and then MSB and not saying much about the bluenose kit anymore.
If SoS wants to hold it's head up high, I think SoS should not go down to their level and act the same way(IMO). It's Donnie's site and if your allowed to critique a kit from any manufacture then so be it. It's a done deal. But stay away from bad mouthing other sites or people. It's hard to ignore but hey whomever decides to turn the other cheek will be better off and better respected for their decision. I am suprised that this is happening at SoS.
My number 1 choice as of today is MSB. Chuck joined MSB a few years back and proceeded to rip MSB a new one. But he has never return since. Winston in my opinion has kept a great and respected site since I have been there. he still to this day has kept the same rules. I think SoS can do the same thing. I consider SoS my number 2 at this time.
I joined MSW before the other 2. I have a couple of close modelers I respect at MSW and consider friends. They are both moderators. It's a great site. But I am now considering to leave the site because of this only reason. Bad mouthing other sites and people. I do not want to be associated with that kind of practice. Like I said I don't own the GOLD so I don't make the rules.
Sorry for the manifesto! I just want to repeat that I did not write this to disrespect or hurt anyone here or at the other sites. But if SoS owner and staff thinks I over stepped my boundaries here. So be it!!! You can ask me to leave and I will end my association with SoS as a gentleman.
I was raised with honor and respect. So I humbly apologize if I disrespected any site or it's members. That was and is not my intent to accomplish here. I just think SoS is better then this.

I WILL NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD ANYMORE! I HOPE WE CAN ALL JUST GET BACK TO MODELING and JUST HAVE SOME FUN!!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

I would like for this thread to reach a maturity point and lock it as I think most things have been covered so far. There is a potential Bluenose Social Group in the works. It will take over any other discussions.

I am sure some here can answer that better than I can. BTW, the 27 and counting HMS Victories kits (yes 27 of them) currently out on the market needs to be investigated too to see who copied who !!!!
I am not taking up for China, but not everyone’s plate is clean either, I can guarantee that.

Back