BLUENOSE - YuanQuing by Donn Farr

Howdy all...I am looking to hire someone to build the following Bluenose 1 laser kit from
American Cup Bluenose:

FULL RIB POF Sailboat 1:72 730MM
Wooden Ship Model Kit

IF anyone is interested, please contact me:

waynevrostad@hotmail.com

Thank you kindly,
Wayne

Howdy all...I am looking to hire someone to build the following Bluenose 1 laser kit from
American Cup Bluenose:

FULL RIB POF Sailboat 1:72 730MM
Wooden Ship Model Kit

IF anyone is interested, please contact me:

waynevrostad@hotmail.com

Thank you kindly,
Wayne
Hallo @waynevrostad
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
And? Did you finally find somebody building the model for you?

I'd like to ask why wax paper is a no no? I've often used it so that the parts I'm gluing won't stick to the paper plan under the assembly I'm gluing. Since these frames have a front and back does the wax paper hinder the gluing of the two assemblies together? Some day I hope to start a model of the Great Republic and this is how the frames will be built. I am learning a lot from this build. Pete

I'd like to ask why wax paper is a no no? I've often used it so that the parts I'm gluing won't stick to the paper plan under the assembly I'm gluing. Since these frames have a front and back does the wax paper hinder the gluing of the two assemblies together? Some day I hope to start a model of the Great Republic and this is how the frames will be built. I am learning a lot from this build. Pete
Hi Pete.
I take the liberty of answering your question in Don's build log.
Wax on wood is never really good for anything. So any little bit of wax left on the wood is not good. If you have to glue something on it or paint or stain it later, then you have a problem with the adhesion. There is also a good chance that it will get into the veins. You may be able to remove it from the surface, but you won't be able to remove it from the grains. And you have to attach glue, paint or stain in the grains for adhesion.
The grease from your hands can cause a similar problem.;)
Hopefully this helps you.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Is frame 31 the widest frame?
Ron L
Hi, Ron. Also here my liberty to answer this question.
I think frame 33 is the widest and 29 the tallest/highest. That is measured in outer dimensions. But the differences there are tenths of a millimeter / inches.
Behind the staggered deck, between frames 26 and 27, the bulwark is higher and the hull becomes slightly wider. In terms of height, it gets a little more difficult. You have to deal with the curve of the deck and how the frames at the keel are also fixed in a curve. They run relative to each other.
Hopefully his helps you.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Back