Bluenose

Excellent work! Fine craftsmanship Sir.
Thank you, Christos.
Dories have been nested and in process of being secured in their cradles. I'll post some closing photos in a day or so to put her in her berth. Then the log for the Kyrenia boat will be reopened and stocked as worthwhile. Rich

Thank you, Christos.
Dories have been nested and in process of being secured in their cradles. I'll post some closing photos in a day or so to put her in her berth. Then the log for the Kyrenia boat will be reopened and stocked as worthwhile. Rich
After doing some dory work and nesting them on the deck, the fishing related items like the barrels, tubs, buckets and the fishing prep box aft my BN is going into a temporary drydock finding a berth for a while behind my new Kyrenai ship in its own log.
Here are a series of photos of the status going into the temporary drydock above our den computer in front of my second strip canoe which is under an acrylic dust cover.
BN Drydock 1.jpg
It will remain in the build work clamp until I know that I will not be adjusting her attitude for future additions.
BN Stb For Deck.jpg
BN Midships Stbd Dories.jpg
BN Aft Decl Stowage.jpg

BN Port Fore Deck.jpg
BN Port Dories.jpg
BN Port Fish Tackle Prep Box.jpg
BN Stbd Lower Looking Fwd.jpg
BN Stbd Main Boom Looking Fwd.jpg
BN Stgd High Looking Fwd.jpg

After doing some dory work and nesting them on the deck, the fishing related items like the barrels, tubs, buckets and the fishing prep box aft my BN is going into a temporary drydock finding a berth for a while behind my new Kyrenai ship in its own log.
Here are a series of photos of the status going into the temporary drydock above our den computer in front of my second strip canoe which is under an acrylic dust cover.
View attachment 260396
It will remain in the build work clamp until I know that I will not be adjusting her attitude for future additions.
View attachment 260401
View attachment 260402
View attachment 260403

View attachment 260404
View attachment 260405
View attachment 260406
View attachment 260407
View attachment 260409
View attachment 260412
Very nice indeed Rich, those sails look terrific, very authentic
- Mark

Very nice! I think you did a really good job on giving your model the looks of an active fishing vessel. Those details of the dories, barrels on pallets, the coils and hanks, very convincing. Thumbsup

Very nice! I think you did a really good job on giving your model the looks of an active fishing vessel. Those details of the dories, barrels on pallets, the coils and hanks, very convincing. Thumbsup
Thank you. Now I have to get a dust cover for her or I can call the collection hoarfrost in a winter storm. RIch

All in my mind's eye and recollections of how I lived for winter and deep snow for my ski patrol duties. Now the hoar frost coating, to be avoided, on the BN is a dreaded anticipation. Rich
After having posted my acrylic dust cover and two acrylic supporting "saddles" for the hull and dory boat with the sail I realized that I should have done that in this log. So here I go again in a duplicate post.
As I recall I posted the support for the schooner hull which allows me to reposition the hull:
BN Acrylic Hull Saddle.jpg
My thought was to have an adaptable support with as much transparency as feasible. There is an additional acrylic channel for the dory with sail:
BN Sailed Dory Fishing Fore Stbd View.jpg
This dory has a trawl line aft to a marker float. Short lines for hooks and catch will be added to the trawl line before the dory presentation is set. By moving the dory around I can show the scale of both vessels:
BN Sailed Dory Saddle Close.jpg
When done and the dust removed both will be placed under the large five-sided box dust cover. I don't have proper lighting for photos or space other than above the den computer but the transparency of the cover is what I wanted. When the sailed dory is finished I will rotate the box up and slide the dory beside the schooner.BN Acrylic Dust Cover Box.jpg

After having posted my acrylic dust cover and two acrylic supporting "saddles" for the hull and dory boat with the sail I realized that I should have done that in this log. So here I go again in a duplicate post.
As I recall I posted the support for the schooner hull which allows me to reposition the hull:
View attachment 274677
My thought was to have an adaptable support with as much transparency as feasible. There is an additional acrylic channel for the dory with sail:
View attachment 274678
This dory has a trawl line aft to a marker float. Short lines for hooks and catch will be added to the trawl line before the dory presentation is set. By moving the dory around I can show the scale of both vessels:
View attachment 274679
When done and the dust removed both will be placed under the large five-sided box dust cover. I don't have proper lighting for photos or space other than above the den computer but the transparency of the cover is what I wanted. When the sailed dory is finished I will rotate the box up and slide the dory beside the schooner.View attachment 274681
Very nice Rich! I like it! ;)

Rich, first off the rigged and sailed dory looks really good. Secondly, it complements the actual Bluenose with the kind of authentic look that I know is very important to you. Mission accomplished, young man! Thumbsup

Thank you. I am looking forward to finishing the sailing dory and trawl line to place those beside of BN inside of the dust cover. Rich
Thank you, Peter. I went fishing tonight and using some old split-shot#2 line weights, placed a thin line in the slot and hammered, with some touch-up filing my catch of four for the trawl line::BN Dory Traw Line Catch.jpg
No threat to Walters High Liner for sure. Not for consumption with lead hazard. . . oh yes, we can't use lead now as an environmental hazard to feeding wildlife, forget about human consumption.
BN Dory Catch.jpg
Pretty skinny and not much meat for the dock. Tomorrow the trawl line is to be secured in the dory stern and the oars placed.
When going into that oar locker I realized that I had not placed a furled sail and spars along with the #2 dory float and those oars by that dory on the BN deck. Rats!!!! Now the trick will be rotate and remove the dust cover to get those onto the deck. Then the sailed dory can be put alongside and the cover returned to do its duty. Final presentation photos can follow.

Back