Brig Le FAVORI 1806 M1:55

I like the center part / bollard very much !
- is it made out of one piece of wood?

Hello Kortes,

I have just found and read through your build thread. Your workmanship is excellent. I have learned so much from reading your thread. The Le Favori is turning out beautiful.

Bill

Еvery craftsman will find it differently, for me making a latrine is the most difficult part of the model. The work will take a long time, so I will post the results by the way of proceeding.
Have been working with the drawings , and made patterns.
I decided not cut the elements out, but to bend in parts with the following gluing

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0428.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0438.JPG

IMG_0443.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0460.JPG

Last edited:
Very clean and accurate work - I hope that it will fit, but I am sure, that it will fit to the bow

I have one question, because I did not find an information in your log.

How did you made the "lead" cover tube inside your hawse holes?

IMG_0221.JPG

Greetings my dear friend Uwek. I have described the hawse on the page 5;6. I did not like the brass, so I remade it from iron plates,I have bent it into a tube of the required diameter and soldered it. I made them consisting of two parts, outer and inner, so it was easier for me to fit them to the profile of the side, and then I inserted them,one outside and the other from inside.

IMG_9836.JPG

Hola cortes, tu trabajo es excepcional, nada que envidiar, sobre todo tu trabajo con la madera de ébano es muy fino y un acabado increíble, bravo

Hello cuts, your work is exceptional, nothing to envy, especially your work with ebony wood is very fine and an incredible finish, bravo

Back