Build Log: CAF models' HMS Enterprise 1:48

In my opinion nothing beats the Chinese Pof kits ,also nobody can do proper Pof kits on the West,there are some but very lame or will be lame,the only excemption is Bob Hunt’s Pof kits
Looks like Chuck at Syren ship models is developing a really nice POF kit of the sloop Speedwell in 3/8 scale! Should be a winner but I bet it will be pricy too!

Alex, just looked in on your log and you have made great progress, are you back in Utah yet and working on it again or still doing life in Texas?

Looks like Chuck at Syren ship models is developing a really nice POF kit of the sloop Speedwell in 3/8 scale! Should be a winner but I bet it will be pricy too!

Alex, just looked in on your log and you have made great progress, are you back in Utah yet and working on it again or still doing life in Texas?
Hi Lou, I just got back to Houston-that is where I work on my my models. I build Legos in Utah, but this summer I didn't build anything because I started getting into astronomy big-time. ( I see your name is stargazer !! ) Started out with binoculars to learn the constellations, etc. I've seen Jupiter and its moons, a very faint Saturn, etc. and this only with binoculars (18x56) on a tripod.- Very exciting and interesting -There is some real black sky very near my house !! I am in the process of getting a good telescope for Park City..... a Takahashi Mewlon 8.3"....I'm learning a lot about astronomy, equipment, etc. but I'll start working on my ship models again soon

O boy, that’s another fine way to reduce the inheritance of your survivors :) I had a 20” Starspiltter Dobsonian, and had as much invested in eyepieces (more! Got hooked on Televue and Pentax 2 inchers) as I did in the scope… I lived on Astromart and Cloudy Nights forums - what kind of mount are you getting for your Mewlon? Expensive but fun and absolutely agree there are some really fine dark skies in Utah and a whole lot of other worlds to see! First time I saw the rings of Saturn large and vivid I was just overwhelmed!

O boy, that’s another fine way to reduce the inheritance of your survivors :) I had a 20” Starspiltter Dobsonian, and had as much invested in eyepieces (more! Got hooked on Televue and Pentax 2 inchers) as I did in the scope… I lived on Astromart and Cloudy Nights forums - what kind of mount are you getting for your Mewlon? Expensive but fun and absolutely agree there are some really fine dark skies in Utah and a whole lot of other worlds to see! First time I saw the rings of Saturn large and vivid I was just overwhelmed!
Cool. Im getting an iOptronGEM 28 mount. It is very compact and easily portable. Im also getting an EEA setup with a ZEM 533 pro camera so my grandson who has albinism and is visually impsred can observe with me. Pretty exciting stuff. Very interesting that we have the same interests.

Back