Build Log: Santisima Trinidad (Occre 1:90 Scale Kit)

Day 63 (23rd September 2021)

Unfortunately some life events took me away from the build today. But I do have 1 hour and 20 minutes of the evening left to do some filing of the gun ports! So I'll get on with that now and shut up.

Days 65 to 67 (24th to 26th September 2021)

Had to take a trip into London over the weekend but still managed to work on the ship every day. No slacking from the workers! Which reminds me ..... I must get a new whip as I've worn out the current one.

Onward boys

D5P_1402.jpeg
D5P_1401.jpeg
D5P_1403.jpeg
D5P_1407.jpegD5P_1405.jpeg

Day 68 (27th September 2021)

Sorry about some of the photos being blurred in the distance. I am limited to daylight for taking the photos as I have no lighting equipment. These two photos of my progress today had to be taken with a wide open aperture as it went dark and we had intense rain as I took the shots.

I'll set up the tripod in future so I can take them with a long exposure.

D5P_1411.jpeg D5P_1413.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 71 Part 1 (30th September 2021)

Slightly side tracked today. I need to work on the ship with 360 degree access. Built a turntable for my Victory but that was dismantled years ago. So I built a turntable on top of my Occre workstation for the ST.

D5P_1426.jpeg D5P_1428.jpeg
D5P_1427.jpeg D5P_1429.jpeg

Big day tomorrow. The shipyard is moving! I am moving out of the conservatory and moving to a room upstairs as my son was using it as an office during lockdown. He's back in his firms office tomorrow so the room is free .... at last!

Weather conditions in the conservatory are chaotic. It's either 100 degrees when the sun pops out, or -10 when no sun! The workers cannot work in these conditions ... even under the influence of rum .... or under my whip.

Say goodbye to this shipyard.....

D5P_1431.jpeg
D5P_1432.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 71 Part 2 (30th September 2021)

In one of the above photos I have just spotted that the extension of the keel at the bow is slightly bent towards the port side. I'll have to rectify this before applying any more planks and details to it.

Heres the photo zoomed in. I'm not square to the length of the ship but you can clearly see that its bending towards the port side.

D5P_1428.jpeg

This is one of the benefits of taking detailed photos of your build. You spot things in photos that you don't visually see at the time.

I really like the treenailing that you have done on the wales Alan. There are enough of them to create the correct effect, but not so many that it becomes disturbing.

I know I have not given an update in a few days but I have been very active in the build.

You really have to treat your role as a project management job. So much planning and looking into the future is required.

I must have at least a dozen sub projects I'm looking into at the moment. It sometimes can be quite over whelming.

I have started priming the bulwarks ready for painting. It took a while just to file and sand the gun ports on the open deck.

So I'm actively looking at planking the final deck and installing. Completing the bulwarks and painting on that deck. Rigging up two guns which will be partially hidden under this deck. These have to be done before the deck is installed as I will not be able to rig them once the deck is in place. I have been looking at the fenders which you saw above. I'm actively planning the bow wood work. I have decided to not use the kits gratings as they are well out of scale. The staircases supplied are no good. They are meant for giants!

So many sub projects!

Now I'm going to take Meadow the dog out for a run and to clear my head.

Back