CAF 1/48 Scale La Renommee 1744

Great details in the kit - CAF made a real good job in the devlopment of this kit

Sorry for not posting in awhile, full hip replacement February 8th, slowed me down a bit. Have finished laying lower deck. Will keep port side unfinished to be able to see below. Decided not to trenal the deck, as 2 more decks will still be above.

deck5.jpg

deck6.jpg

deck7.jpg

deck8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine so far is American cherry, which I thought I'd make the whole ship of. But seeing your fine contrasting colors, I may change it to a lighter color wood like maple now. Thanks!

Working on the Hatch's and Fittings for the lower deck. Included a picture of the ANCRE Lower Deck plan to note that the CAF Kit is a perfect match to the ANCRE Plans. Mounted the Spare Anchor, and built the Forward Bulkhead for the lower deck.

hatch1.jpg

hatch2.jpg

hatch3.jpg

hatch4.jpg

hatch5.jpg

hatch.jpg

hatch6.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome having you back at it again, after the hip replacement. The incredible work certainly was not impacted by the surgery!!

Thanks for sharing!

Good that everything went well and you are able to work on the model
very good progress

BTW: there is no need to resize your photos before you upload them here in SOS -
for us following your work the photos are now very small to see the details and quality of your work

Good that everything went well and you are able to work on the model
very good progress

BTW: there is no need to resize your photos before you upload them here in SOS -
for us following your work the photos are now very small to see the details and quality of your work
Uwe, not sure on the Photos, I am just taking them with my cell phone, sending to my computer, and then posting on SOS. Is there a better way? Thanks, Paul

Uwe, not sure on the Photos, I am just taking them with my cell phone, sending to my computer, and then posting on SOS. Is there a better way? Thanks, Paul
The way is also used by myself - seems, that somewhere your euqipment is reducing the photos size and resolution very much
you can see the last twi photos wit the deck plan - completely different size
In the beginning of your log your photos were much bigger

The way is also used by myself - seems, that somewhere your euqipment is reducing the photos size and resolution very much
you can see the last twi photos wit the deck plan - completely different size
In the beginning of your log your photos were much bigger
Thanks, I'll play around with it a bit

Looks a superb build you are doing
Has Tom given you any idea of when the next three parts will be available
The website pictures look great on CAF
Andy
Andy, actually emailed Tom 2 days ago on when section 5(gundeck) will be ready. No response yet, usually takes a few days.

Back