CAF Models La Salamandre...1:48 My Attempt

Hi Mike,
I've just started on 'La Salamandre', having bought the kit a couple of years ago, and I've just found and read through your log.
Excellent workmanship, and a very clear and full build log - I expect I will be returning to it quite often!
Hope I can make as good a job as you

Ted

Hi Mike,
I've just started on 'La Salamandre', having bought the kit a couple of years ago, and I've just found and read through your log.
Excellent workmanship, and a very clear and full build log - I expect I will be returning to it quite often!

Ted
Thank you for the compliment Ted, I admire your work, Kingfisher is beautiful. I believe you will enjoy building La Salamandre, it definitely is a challenging build.

Everyone, Thank you for the Birthday wishes.
Hope to get back at La Salamandre very soon. I have missed not being around, I have a lot of great looking build logs to catch up on.

Hi Mike,

Ted
Hall Ted,
we all expect your building log of your La Salamandre version - would be great if you would share it with us

Hall Ted,
we all expect your building log of your La Salamandre version - would be great if you would share it with us
Hi Uwek,
I had not intended to do a full-scale build log on Salamandre, but will post a series of general progress photos as I progress, with any observations on problems that I encounter, and ways around them

Regards

Ted

Why not a full build log, Ted? Knowing your craftsmanship and attention to detail, I am sure will all benefit from it. ;)
Hi Jim,
My reasoning was that several others have already contributed very comprehensive build logs, and indeed I am following some of them in my build.
I'm not sure at this stage that I could add very much of interest, unless I encounter a problem or something that might be of use or interest to future builders.
I'll see how it goes in the next few weeks!

Ted

Well I have put this off long enough, welcome to my build log of La Salamandre. The kit is amazing, the materials are top quality.
This build will be quite a challenge for me but fortunately I have Uwek, ADC and Koreets logs to follow.

The building jig was straight forward and went together easily. I used some wood blocks for extra support and also left the ends removable

Next up was building the frames...
Hallo @BigMike
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Well I have put this off long enough, welcome to my build log of La Salamandre. The kit is amazing, the materials are top quality.
This build will be quite a challenge for me but fortunately I have Uwek, ADC and Koreets logs to follow.

View attachment 164887View attachment 164888View attachment 164889

The building jig was straight forward and went together easily. I used some wood blocks for extra support and also left the ends removable.View attachment 164893View attachment 164894View attachment 164895
View attachment 164892

Next up was building the frames...
Hallo @BigMike
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back