Caldercraft Steam Tug Imara 1/32nd scale by neptune

Translated a complete opposite..., it is a google translator... LOL It should mean that I would learn from you, the way you paint!! I have changed, the way I mean to say!!

Thank you for that Jim, I really don't like the painting part of modeling but it is one of those things that I try to get right, though sometimes it takes a few coats of paint, ,
Best regards John,

...anything I am trying to paint, instantly ruined the jo job. I and paint don't get alone. I always envy (in a good way) when there is a good painted job!
Same with me - because of this lack of quality I built only "old" sailing ships where I can try to "paint" with choosing the correct timber - and oil or wax a little bit ..... o_O

122.jpg
next was to finish the water tanks by adding their tie down rods, this tank sits on the back of the bridge deck,

123.jpg
adding the run pipe that I think supplies the galley, I think I may have to straighten
the back strap a little,

125.jpg
and after painting and adding the valve handle,

126.jpg
and a close up view,

127.jpg
these are the castings ffor the six remaining vents, you get the vent tops and the
base rings and the trunk is made from dowel,

128.jpg
the large vents have a 15mm dia trunk, iv'e squared one end and Iam just about to start turning down the base end,

129.jpg
after turning to length I then turned a 6mm peg for securing to and through the deck,

130.jpg
the base ring in place,

131.jpg
views of the bottom of the vent castings, these are the large ones and they are just a little bit out of the round,
I marked the center as best I could to take a 1.5mm piece of rod for securing it to the trunk,

132.jpg
this is the middle size, definitely not round,

133.jpg
and the smallest ones were a lot better,

134.jpg
after leveling the bottom of the vent I drilled a hole up into it for the pin,

135.jpg
the two smallest vents had a recess in the bottom of the vent so I turned a stub on the top to make a tight fit
and also drilled and fixed a pin,

136.jpg
the six finished vents apart from the painting, the two smallest had rings cast into them, so I might look at doing
something similar with the other two sets,

137.jpg
Started on the funnel, this is the top casting and the mesh that sits inside once it is cut to fit, on the bottom of
the casting there are four slots in the casting for it to sit on the two wire rods that go across the funnel,

138.jpg
the two rods for the casting to sit on,

139.jpg
and the funnel top in place, though not yet glued,

140.jpg
The mesh glued in place with a copper wire running around the outside just to neaten things up a bit,

141.jpg
after a coat of black,

142.jpg
close up, when the casting sits in place there is a gap between the top of the funnel and the casting, and
as I am going to have a smoke generator running I didn't want any smoke coming out under or around
the sides of the casting, so to make sure I filled in the funnel under the wire rods and just left a hole in
the middle, see pic below,

143.jpg
all this bare wood will be painted black,

144.jpg
and how it looks in place on the superstructure,

145.jpg
The bottom pipe that will be glued in place later,

146.jpg
tye smoke generator and how it will slide up into the funnel when in use,

147.jpg
when in place there will be a nice snug fit,

148.jpg
and the back vent pipe sitting in place but not yet glued, I was just gluing the pipe
supports in place,

153.jpg
Port side view of the funnel,

154.jpg
and a starboard side view,

155.jpg
and a clearer view of both sides off the model, the horn and
whistle pipe was supposed to bend away to right when it
reached the platform and then bend again and go down
through the deck, but the wire rod that was supposed to
be used wasn't in the kit so I used some brass tube that I had
and i took it staight down into the funnel casing,