New kit "Captain John Smith's Shallop"

Yes, the drawings are very detailed and you can certainly build this boat from scratch. If you are interested in building this boat in 1:24 scale, then we can prepare plans for you in this scale. Plans will cost $40 US plus shipping in paper form to the US.
Very good service -> Thumbsup

I had trouble with frames #1, 2, 3, also 23 and 24. Needed to do a lot of sanding to get the ribs to fit. I hope I did them correctl.
Tim Murphy

Olga finally got her wonderful model across the ocean, and she continues to build a shalop. A new video on the YouTube channel of Olga Bochvarova on the construction of the boat of Captain John Smith.

The beginning of the construction of Captain John Smith's boat. First film: slipway assembly and keel laying.

The beginning of the construction of Captain John Smith's boat. First film: slipway assembly and keel laying.
Impressive! The slip jig for the Shallop looks like a project in itself--an amazing idea!

I've only been building about a year, but drooled last fall when I found Olha's build on YouTube. I've only been building about a year, but have progressed through the $10 Chinese fishing boat (after watching "Boiler Dan") as was interested in the planking--before I found build logs on planking and "How-To's (did a 2nd to deal with stealers-still LOTS to learn in that arena). Revell's plastic Constitution. Then several "used" and cheap wooden kits from "Ebay" to learn how to do repairs and corrections before several of Midwest's level 1 kits, Bluejacket's level 1, Constructo, the Ariel--planked the deck to practice, Bis n Pieces Mayflower to do some rigging. Of course, the collection of "to do" kits are in queue for when I am ready to move levels.

I put a Longboat in the "to do" queue because of the number of frames for it, with the Shallop in the back of my mind!

I can't wait to watch the rest of the "How To--build log" videos here! When I feel ready and budget permits, the Shallop will be in my queue! (My husband, very interested in history with archeological digs in his past, would LOVE this boat and its history!)

Thank you for the fantastic video(s) for this boat!

Be Blessed,
KayakGirl

Back