Cazador Xebec - OcCre 1:60 [COMPLETED BUILD]

I couldn’t leave well enough alone. I decided to veneer the piece that holds the bow sprit, since the bow sprit will be black. Wanted some contrast. (Pics1-2)
Finished wall for upper deck, drilled pilot holes for pins so the knees wouldn’t split. Painted top of wall railing black to tie in with other railings. Have to add clear. (Pics 3-4)
Painted inside cannon and oar openings black, now can add bulwark stanchions on that side.
Added a few pieces of ornamentation on the stern...a lot more to add still...

Last edited:
I typed that class it was not perspective psychology but PSYCHOLOGY OF PERCEPTION which gives better support to my offering on Gestalt Perception/Psychology and how things are naturally viewed. Rich
I think Gestalt is rightly named: seeing a vague, ambiguous form and trying to make something meaningful out of it.

My granddaughter is the apple of my eye. We keep her at least 3-4 days a week, and I spoil her.
She turned 3 years old recently. I built her a play house with a kitchen for her birthday. She asked me, “Nonno, did you build that playhouse for me?”
Then I built her a playground in the backyard because local ones were closed due to COVID.
She asked me, “Nonno, did you build my playground for me?”
Then she saw me building the ship and she asked me, “Nonno, are you building me a ship?”
:) How could I say no? So it appears the Cazador will be hers, once she is an adult!
View attachment 192704
Beautiful granddaughter as well as the ship both of which will be growing up to follow their dreams. Rich (PT-2)

I added the railing to the other side. First I soak and bend, then paint the bottom and edges. Then glue on and finally paint the top after doing any sanding or blending.
Then I added the board at the stern that runs inline with the railing and at bottom of black.
Then I painted that board black.
And finally add the ornamentation on that side.
I have some boards to do inside the bulwarks, but may do rudder and tiller arm next.

Last edited:
Back