Cazador Xebec - OcCre 1:60 [COMPLETED BUILD]

There is another additional aspect that I learned in college in a class in perspective psychology (I think) regarding Gestalt psychology wherein our eye and mind unconsciously enters a scene/picture/painting/sculpture or anything else from the lower left corner and moves diagonally upwards and to the right. In looking at many different paintings and photos I have notice the same type of "framing" the view and visual scan. It becomes related to how we present and see a presentation of things as "best" or more natural to the viewer. Perhaps the same thing applies to how we view our builds and particular portions of them. Photos can also distort things in perspective and lens factors so that something overlooked until we look for it. Happily most of our builds' viewers are only observers and not forensic critics. Just some thoughts. Rich
I typed that class it was not perspective psychology but PSYCHOLOGY OF PERCEPTION which gives better support to my offering on Gestalt Perception/Psychology and how things are naturally viewed. Rich

The following is some pictures of the construction of the bow sprit frame and supports that I have completed. Now I have to add all of the grating...which should be interesting! Then there are two supports below I still have to add and the brace for the bow sprit.
A lot of work at the bow...

Last edited:
I started the grating on the bow sprit frame...boy was that an exercise in frustration!!!
I placed cardboard under the frame and traced the outline on it. Then I added a little bit to that to make sure it wasn’t too small. I’d rather sand to fit, than have a loose piece after all that work!
So I cut out the cardboard and placed on top of some grating I built and marked the outline. That’s when the fun began, i sawed, I cut, I sanded, I broke a few, I even broke an xacto blade!!!
But in the end I have one side done. That’s all the fun I can stand for one evening.
Pics below...

Last edited:
I typed that class it was not perspective psychology but PSYCHOLOGY OF PERCEPTION which gives better support to my offering on Gestalt Perception/Psychology and how things are naturally viewed. Rich

I urgently need to take that course as I always see all what I built as "perfect" when it is all screwed :)

Thanks! Can’t wait to get all the railings, the ornamentation and cannon doors on. Then it will really start to look good!

Dean.... your job already looks good.... I will add FANTASTIC.

Cheers
Daniel

Dear Dean. I can see why you have your eye on the RC, That is the kind of build that will be right up your alley with all the decorations, ornamentation. Cleanliness and accuracy are greatly needed when building the RC and you have those in heaps! The grandest queen of them all is patiently waiting for you!

Dear Dean. I can see why you have your eye on the RC, That is the kind of build that will be right up your alley with all the decorations, ornamentation. Cleanliness and accuracy are greatly needed when building the RC and you have those in heaps! The grandest queen of them all is patiently waiting for you!
I would like to make that happen very soon! :)

Ok, I think model builders are a special kind of crazy...lol. So I had to do the other side and paint tiny nail heads to match the rest of the grating on the ship. Because once you put nail heads on one, you have to put them on all of them! Be careful the precedent you set!
And I’m not even finished...I still have the bow sprit bracket and two more lower supports...
And yes, I weathered the stain a bit with sand paper...

Last edited:
Here are a few pics of my current progress.
I still have to paint inside cannon and oar opening black on one side, then add bulwark stanchions on that side, then I can add railings to the rest of the ship.
Finishing the bow sprit. Then cannon doors...and so much more! I often don’t know what I want to work on next! Soon will be cannons...decisions!

Last edited:
Back