French cutter Le Cerf (1779-1780) - Scratch build 1:48 or just a DEER...

Thank you Olga! Your videos are always comprehensive and easy to understand. So much so you don't need to speak!! Your taking the time to share your knowledge with the ship building community says who you are. Thank you.

Ken

Very good work - many thanks for showing us the "making of" the steps
may I ask you:
Are you regular using this hand-driven sander?
What are the advantages of this one compared to an electric one?
I wouldn't do what I do in this video on an electric one. A manual sander is capable of performing very delicate work, but its main advantage is that it does not produce as much dust as an electric sander. It can be used at home without a vacuum cleaner...
I have a video comparing the two:

Many thanks for the additional information about the sander produced by Ultimation - I am convinced, so I think I will order soon -> christmas is coming......
and your steps are reall beautiful made - Bravo!

Hi Olha

Very nice works and very useful tips. I'm a little envious of your use of AutoCad and other software. I was always more connected with programming, but not with drawing at all. However, if I really need it, I have a godfather at my disposal. I started watching your log because of the nickname „shipphotographer“. I still somehow make a model, but I always have problems with pictures!! I will try some of the techniques you showed in the video. Maybe I'm making models that are too big for my apartment so I can't take a good picture of them :) ! I see you got a ropewalk, and I have a feeling you enjoyed making the rope, I have one(homemade) and it feels good when you can make the size of rope you want.

It was very interesting to follow your work, good luck in your future work.

barba

Hi Olha

Very nice works and very useful tips. I'm a little envious of your use of AutoCad and other software. I was always more connected with programming, but not with drawing at all. However, if I really need it, I have a godfather at my disposal. I started watching your log because of the nickname „shipphotographer“. I still somehow make a model, but I always have problems with pictures!! I will try some of the techniques you showed in the video. Maybe I'm making models that are too big for my apartment so I can't take a good picture of them :) ! I see you got a ropewalk, and I have a feeling you enjoyed making the rope, I have one(homemade) and it feels good when you can make the size of rope you want.

It was very interesting to follow your work, good luck in your future work.

barba
Thank you very much!
Unfortunately, this year I made almost no progress on this model. Although this is my favorite model that I am currently building, but it is the least popular on the channel...

Thank you very much!
Unfortunately, this year I made almost no progress on this model. Although this is my favorite model that I am currently building, but it is the least popular on the channel...
That's a shame it's not popular, it's on my 'to do' list. I guess people are more interested in Victory's and Constitutions etc, judging by most forums? Also, for some reason I don't fully understand there a an awful lot of builders going for the Black Pearl?? A silly Disney choice rather than the history!!

That's a shame it's not popular, it's on my 'to do' list. I guess people are more interested in Victory's and Constitutions etc, judging by most forums? Also, for some reason I don't fully understand there a an awful lot of builders going for the Black Pearl?? A silly Disney choice rather than the history!!
I think the Black Pearl beat all the ships. At least this is the most frequent question I have on the channel: do I plan to build a Black Pearl, is there a chance that I will build a Black Pearl someday, even an offer to send a kit just so that I can build her...)))
I might have thought about this model if she is so popular, but the problem is that this is just a beautiful story. Unfortunately, it's not even based on a real ship (Like, for example, SURPRISE from Patrick O'Bryan's novels) - that's why there are so many different versions of this model. And every modeler believes that he has built the most accurate copy of this ship)))

Back