French war-ship Saint-Philippe 1693 - scale 1/72 - from Lemineur monograph

CRI-CRI, I agree with dThomas, the 1st version has more detail on the guard rail and is not "washed" out. The stairs without the outside framing looks unfinished. Your attention to detail is to be commended! Magic Mike

Here is a beautiful model.

If I may say so, I find your rear lights a little below the rest in terms of quality. They are very visible. Maybe just redo the alignment of the little crossbars.

Contours K_cr_cr.jpg

But congratulations again for this harmonious model.

Bernard

Here is a beautiful model.

If I may say so, I find your rear lights a little below the rest in terms of quality. They are very visible. Maybe just redo the alignment of the little crossbars.

View attachment 337516

But congratulations again for this harmonious model.

Bernard

It may be effectively possible to improve the drawing of these lanterns, I've just started a new model (right side) :

Contours R.jpg

And the two simili fore-mast's partners (not glued) :

View attachment 337531

View attachment 337532
Looking good.
Due to the fact, that this ring should immitate several separate wedges, which were used to fix the mast against the partners.
I made once the wedges out of several pieces (on my Bonhomme Richard)
31a.jpg 51a.jpg

but it can be also immitated with simple slight cuts with a knife into the ring
Contours N.jpg

Following work on balsa frame, the walnut is a more difficult material than the white woods :

Base G.jpg

Compared with the english longboats, this French rowboat has a flat bottom and a shallow draft,
easier to move when rowing, but holds up less well in bad weather or navigation under wind sail

Back