Friedrich Wilhelm Zu Pferde 1/48 scale by Euro Model

124.jpg
After the dowelling was done

125.jpg
Another view

126.jpg
Then I had to repair the parts of the wales that I had cut away to replace the globes with the LEDs

127.jpg
New piece of wood cut to size

128.jpg
and after painting, still needs a little bit of filler and a final coat of black

129.jpg
this is another one, I had to do four in all,

Looking great! Tnx for the extra pics. Have to sort out the figures for the cabines. Dont have them all in think. Great help this building log.tnx again.

How long is the planking onze the hull? Full lenght from the kit?

If it is easier for you to use full length planks then use them, but if you want to use shorter planks, the best thing is to pin a full length plank first to get a nice line to guide the short planks and then replace the long one with short ones, hope you know what I mean,
Best regards John

It is not my favourite time period, when this ship was sailing,, but I have to say, that this log is realy interesting - many thanks for sharing and "reactivating"

It is not my favourite time period, when this ship was sailing,, but I have to say, that this log is realy interesting - many thanks for sharing and "reactivating"
Hi Uwe,
Sovereign of the Seas, soleil royal, HMS Prince, Zeven Provincien etc etc. Definately my favorite time. During 18th century you see much more standardized ships compared to the 17th century.

Hi Uwe,
Sovereign of the Seas, soleil royal, HMS Prince, Zeven Provincien etc etc. Definately my favorite time. During 18th century you see much more standardized ships compared to the 17th century.
Yes can understand your point. I like to see them, interesting vessels, therefore I have also a lot of books of this period. Also the paintings of the de Veldes brothers...... but harder to build, especially because of the decorations and carvings.....but maybe with my new set of chisels, let us see.
In moment i like it very much, if you guys are building them..... ;)

I am investigating the possible scratch build with cad cam and cnc of a dutch flute (fluit) Zeehaen that Abel Tasman used to sail around Australia and visit New Zeeland ( called after the Dutch procincie Zeeland) So after my 18th century RC back to the 17th. I have a book and very detailed set of drawings of this vessel.
028Zeehaen1.jpg
Sorry John for hijacking your blog. :oops:

I am investigating the possible scratch build with cad cam and cnc of a dutch flute (fluit) Zeehaen that Abel Tasman used to sail around Australia and visit New Zeeland ( called after the Dutch procincie Zeeland) So after my 18th century RC back to the 17th. I have a book and very detailed set of drawings of this vessel.
View attachment 46924
Sorry John for hijacking your blog. :oops:

Is it from Ab Hoving "Die Schiffe Abel Tasmans" with CD from Amsterdam Rijksmuseum ?

I have finished the Captains bed now, the first two pics show where I was last at with it,

118.jpg
just the basic frame work,
120.jpg
and another view,

142.jpg
After I have made and fitted the quit cover and the bed head,

143.jpg
Another view with the pillow fitted,

144.jpg
In my hand just to show the size,

145.jpg
Side view,

146.jpg
and a close up,

147.jpg
This is the frame that i took the satin piece from and then cut and trimmed it to fit the bed
after gluing a thin piece of foam onto the bed base first,

It is looking great....it is not my taste, but I do not have to sleep in it, or?
Great work with your „doll house“ ;)

Back