New kit Full rib Bluenose finished product - 全肋骨蓝鼻号成品

Greetings to all.
I have digested the previous posts, noted the advice therein (with many thanks) and comment as follows .
Here is a scanned copy of the article on Bluenose from Model Shipwright no 21 for your information. Whilst I have not had time to go through all of my copies of MS 1 to 112 in my possession I have made a cursory inspection of the MS Index 1972-1997, issues 1-100 and can find no other mention of Bluenose (this is not to say that there may be some in 101 onwards , I will check at some time.)
The scan resolution is 300dpi greyscale which I hope will be sufficient to be read. Please advise if any further action on my part is required. Just remember that at my age I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer these days.
The body of the article refers to all the appropriate sources of information. I assume the Kit makers are aware of these. Please send to Heinrich direct if appropriate
I hope this is of interest.
Best wishes,
Mike

* Please note. The attached document for information purposes only.
Thank you Coalman, It is very nice of you to share with your ship mates this wonderful information and pictures of our Great Bluenose, Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

Greetings to all.
I have digested the previous posts, noted the advice therein (with many thanks) and comment as follows .
Here is a scanned copy of the article on Bluenose from Model Shipwright no 21 for your information. Whilst I have not had time to go through all of my copies of MS 1 to 112 in my possession I have made a cursory inspection of the MS Index 1972-1997, issues 1-100 and can find no other mention of Bluenose (this is not to say that there may be some in 101 onwards , I will check at some time.)
The scan resolution is 300dpi greyscale which I hope will be sufficient to be read. Please advise if any further action on my part is required. Just remember that at my age I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer these days.
The body of the article refers to all the appropriate sources of information. I assume the Kit makers are aware of these. Please send to Heinrich direct if appropriate
I hope this is of interest.
Best wishes,
Mike

* Please note. The attached document for information purposes only.
After looking at the article and particularly the drawings that were published, I see that they were selected from a much larger set of illustrations in the book, Bluenose II - Saga of the Great Fishing Schooners, Measured Drawings by J.B. Jensen., Nimbus Publilshing, Nimbus, ca. The text in the book is all in a handwritten cursive and is only1 to 1.5 mm high making reading very difficult for old eyes, even with a magnifying glass. Excellent book and highly recommended for serious students of Bluenose and Bluenose II. The article does give background information that I had not found, due to lack of thorough reading of the book; and the scan is very legible. Thanks - - - Rich

Hello Heinrich, I was just wondering and that is yqmodel models might like to consider being a sponsor for Ships Of Sail, I kind of figure this might be a nice gesture on there behalf and it would also spread the word around a little more on the Bluenose, just a thought.
Regards Lawrence

Last edited:
@Canoe21 Hello Lawrence. That is a very good idea and one that I have already thought of. That is something that I will discuss with them as soon as this first batch of orders is finalized and processed.

Just a reminder for those in doubt

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/full-rib-bluenose-finished-product-全肋骨蓝鼻号成品.6218/post-134556

Dear All : LEGITIMACY:

Unbeknown to most, I have embarked on quite a mission to find out what would constitute a "legal" model in terms of copyright issues. This had to be addressed on two fronts:

1. Whether there is any ling between the YUANQING model and another existing model;
2. Whether the YUANQING model would be in breach of the Bluenose Company - not in terms of copyright - but in terms of a licensing agreement.

The first point was easy to obtain clarity on. There are no other POF kits of Bluenose in existence.

The second point was of much greater concern to me. And here I have to give very big hats off and thank you to @Dave Stevens who has taken it upon himself to find out all the nuts and bolts in this regard. Here is the reply that Dave received from Janet MacIsaac -Senior Shore Crew Associate of the Bluenose company that operates Bluenose II. Also a big thanks to @zoly99sask who has forwarded me Dave's reply.

Good Morning, David.

There aren't any copyright laws for replica Bluenose models or kits, there are several companies producing and selling them. Most of these models are not exactly accurate, they tend to mass-produce one schooner design and change the nameplate - the distinctive features of the actual Bluenose are often lost in translation. The paint scheme on the example you have provided is not correct, the riggings don't appear to be entirely accurate either.
Thank you for your inquiry!

Janet MacIsaac
Senior Shore Crew Associate

Just a reminder for those in doubt

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/full-rib-bluenose-finished-product-全肋骨蓝鼻号成品.6218/post-134556

Dear All : LEGITIMACY:

Unbeknown to most, I have embarked on quite a mission to find out what would constitute a "legal" model in terms of copyright issues. This had to be addressed on two fronts:

1. Whether there is any ling between the YUANQING model and another existing model;
2. Whether the YUANQING model would be in breach of the Bluenose Company - not in terms of copyright - but in terms of a licensing agreement.

The first point was easy to obtain clarity on. There are no other POF kits of Bluenose in existence.

The second point was of much greater concern to me. And here I have to give very big hats off and thank you to @Dave Stevens who has taken it upon himself to find out all the nuts and bolts in this regard. Here is the reply that Dave received from Janet MacIsaac -Senior Shore Crew Associate of the Bluenose company that operates Bluenose II. Also a big thanks to @zoly99sask who has forwarded me Dave's reply.

Good Morning, David.

There aren't any copyright laws for replica Bluenose models or kits, there are several companies producing and selling them. Most of these models are not exactly accurate, they tend to mass-produce one schooner design and change the nameplate - the distinctive features of the actual Bluenose are often lost in translation. The paint scheme on the example you have provided is not correct, the riggings don't appear to be entirely accurate either.
Thank you for your inquiry!

Janet MacIsaac
Senior Shore Crew Associate
Nice piece of research and confirmation. Thanks. Rich (PT-2)

Dear All

When I wanted to post what I thought was a much-anticipated reply to the posts in the kit review, I discovered the thread is no longer open. I am as much in the dark as you.

@Canoe21 ; @DonRobinson ; @marter1229 ; @donfarr ; @KentM ; @PT-2 ; @coalman ; @Davefx35 ; @Virtakuono ; @Jim Nunn ; @Butterfingers ; @flyboy441 ;

@Gregoryhansel ; @Peter Voogt@sparks ; @jgilchrist ; @Kkonrath

Don't worry. You were sleeping in China :) . A few postings not related to the great job you are doing.

One thing I am always curious. You wrote several times that there are internet restrictions in China. What type of restrictions? For example, you wrote YouTube is not allowed. Just simple curiosity.

Cheers
Daniel

BTW .... Happy Saturday already there :)

Last edited:
Hello Heinrich, Yes we are as much in the dark as you are. No fault of your own, seams like Donnie has put his foot down and wants to stop all of this name calling and return to model ship building. I can understand his point as this thing has gone much to long now. So in the mean time we must sit back and wait patiently and wait for them to open a new tread on the Bluenose, it could be a Group build maybe.
Regards Lawrence

Keep moving Heinrich.... I am not buying the kit because it isn't what I like to build. But I enjoyed the thread, all the comments and I have learned a lot.

Before I only knew that existed a "Ship called Bluenose because AL was selling it for the last 20+ years" . Now I learned about it and saw how many modelers love it also.

If a building group is created I will follow it ..... just for the pleasure of this great hobby.

Cheers
Daniel

WHAT DOES THIS DO TO ORDERING THE KIT. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON
Hello Don, For the mean time all we can do is sit back and be patient. I am sure Donnie will not make us wait to long. But I suppose he will set a new set of rules for the new tread or just maybe a Group Build, we must wait and see.
Regards Lawrence

Any plans for a larger scale model of this, say 1/48 scale ?
There is a limited edition portfolio published in 1977 by Jenson, the drawings are in the scale 1/4" = 1' or 1/48 scale. I am the proud owner of portfolio #623. The book published around the same time contains the same information and drawings but at the scale 1/96 or 1/8" = 1'.

Bob

131097221_376765726945923_5065606681819434569_n.jpg131248216_133519801743264_4523717894549002953_n.jpg

Back