New kit Full rib Bluenose finished product - 全肋骨蓝鼻号成品

That is wonderful to hear - your reaction leaves me humble and very grateful.

@KentM Thank you Kent! Done! Thumbsup

@PT-2 Wonderful Rich! I know how much you love her and what she means to you. Done! Thumbsup

View attachment 192054

They snapped their spars and strained to pass her by

But she left them all behind - Stan Rogers
That is a great painting that you put up. I wonder where it is presented or prints available????
As I have said before. . . there is no experience or thrill as being on a beam reach at full hull speed even if the planning speed is not available as in smaller dinghy racing boats. All hands as far windward as possible with the hull as far over as possible without dragging the boom in the water. Catamarans go faster and the windward pontoon higher out of the water but I never had the sense of razer edge capsizing as in a mono-hull. Not to disregard one time when we pitchpoled after burying the lee pontoon and I, hiking out on a trapeze wire was vaulted around tor fore stay and jib. Such memories of when I was younger and had the muscles and endurance to put in a proper effort. Now it is the effort and respect for a good build. PT-2 (Rich)

And here is further great news!!!

PayPal has been approved and set up.

View attachment 191634

View attachment 191635
I hope that PayPal in China will provide English instructions to bring up. I have used PayPal occasionally but don't have all of the steps memorized. If I can screw the order up there is a good likelihood that I will during several attempts. :-(( PT-2 (Rich)

@PT-2 Great memories indeed, Rich. As a young teacher in Cape Town South Africa, I had the fortune to work with a young colleague who crewed on racing yachts - the famous ones those days in South Africa were Assegaai - skippered by the well-known Dave Abramowitz and Thunderchild skippered by Paddy Goldswain. Assegaai was a 43-footer and a Thunderchild a 52-footer.Twice I had the "pleasure" of going out on Assegaai - once during a race in a 35-knot Cape South Easter. All I can say is that I was scared witless, soaked to the bone and ice-cold - and that was in December - summer time in South Africa. And yet, as you say, today it is one of my fondest memories.

@PT-2 Great memories indeed, Rich. As a young teacher in Cape Town South Africa, I had the fortune to work with a young colleague who crewed on racing yachts - the famous ones those days in South Africa were Assegaai - skippered by the well-known Dave Abramowitz and Thunderchild skippered by Paddy Goldswain. Assegaai was a 43-footer and a Thunderchild a 52-footer.Twice I had the "pleasure" of going out on Assegaai - once during a race in a 35-knot Cape South Easter. All I can say is that I was scared witless, soaked to the bone and ice-cold - and that was in December - summer time in South Africa. And yet, as you say, today it is one of my fondest memories.
Sailors from South Africa were always at the top of the racing game, if you can call it that. My own favored mono-hull was a 5-0-5, two man trapeze design class. Smaller than a Flying Dutchman and I don't think as fast but more of a wide eyed venture. You had some really heave seas and high winds down off the horn of Africa at times which prepared skippers and crews for North Atlantic conditions where a lot of the repeat 5-0-5 champions as well as Paul Elvstrom of Norway dominated the Snipe (single handed) and Star class boats, both Olympic classes back in the 60's. As you say. . . memories. PT-2 (Rich)

Sailors from South Africa were always at the top of the racing game, if you can call it that. My own favored mono-hull was a 5-0-5, two man trapeze design class. Smaller than a Flying Dutchman and I don't think as fast but more of a wide eyed venture. You had some really heave seas and high winds down off the horn of Africa at times which prepared skippers and crews for North Atlantic conditions where a lot of the repeat 5-0-5 champions as well as Paul Elvstrom of Norway dominated the Snipe (single handed) and Star class boats, both Olympic classes back in the 60's. As you say. . . memories. PT-2 (Rich)
Just for the sake of good order: Paul Elvstrøm was Danish. Born and raised by Danish parents in Hellerup (outskirt of Copenhagen).

@marter1229 Terry rest assured that I will do that. I have already entered your name in the order book! Thumbsup
Please put my name on the list as well.

As a matter of interest I have recently been perusing old copies of 'Model Shipwright' Sept 1977 and came across a very interesting article in said edition 21, page 24. I can scan a copy of this and if permissible and it does not breach copyright rules post it on this site.
Perhaps Mods can advise.
Thanks,
Mike
I

@coalman Hello Mike and thank you very much. You have been added!Thumbsup

@coalman said:
I have recently been perusing old copies of 'Model Shipwright' Sept 1977 and came across a very interesting article in said edition 21, page 24. I can scan a copy of this and if permissible and it does not breach copyright rules post it on this site.
Perhaps Mods can advise.

Gentlemen, the photoshoot has been completed with more than 100 photographs taken. :) If all goes well, I should receive the pictures tomorrow and then I can put the review together. That of course in itself is no small task, but I will complete that as soon as possible.

Gentlemen, the photoshoot has been completed with more than 100 photographs taken. :) If all goes well, I should receive the pictures tomorrow and then I can put the review together. That of course in itself is no small task, but I will complete that as soon as possible.
Great!!!!! I am so looking forward to these.
Thanks very much for undertaking such a large amount of work for us.

Outstanding, looking forward to your review.

Jan

Back