New kit Full rib Bluenose finished product - 全肋骨蓝鼻号成品

@PT-2 Rich I have no idea whether this will turn into a Group Build - I would think that the first of its kind in the world it is an ideal candidate, but the moderators have been surprisingly very quiet on this one.
Maybe we don't have enough big square sails or guns to attract attention. Only support from the crew may be heard. Add mine in whether I order now or not as a strong Bluenose and Masonic Brother to Angus Walters. Watching the old movie clips from the schooner under sail, on deck and from abeam are addictive to me. Worse substances for addition though. PT-2 (Rich)

@PT-2 Rich I couldn't agree more! Wait for the kit review - you will be excited! Bluenose has such history associated with her that she really has left behind a lasting legacy. The more I delve into the history, the more one realises just how special she was. Like Angus Walters said: "She could never be copied - there was a spirit within that no one could explain. Her crew swore that there was even an unexplained "hollow" in her bow wave which was unlike anything that they had ever seen before.

@PT-2 Rich I couldn't agree more! Wait for the kit review - you will be excited! Bluenose has such history associated with her that she really has left behind a lasting legacy. The more I delve into the history, the more one realises just how special she was. Like Angus Walters said: "She could never be copied - there was a spirit within that no one could explain. Her crew swore that there was even an unexplained "hollow" in her bow wave which was unlike anything that they had ever seen before.
As I understand the relationship between waterline length and potential speed there is a wave at the bow and stern with the hollow between. I wonder if the crew, knowing about this, felt that her exceptional speed in 25 knot winds and up, not low wind speed, allowed her greater speed than would be explained by her waterline length alone. In the service I could determine a vessels speed by measuring the wave pattern in relationship to the ship's length. That was too long ago to remember other than doing that as a photo interpreter in our heavy attack squadrons. Interesting quotation from Walters that you found. Where was that as I would l like to be able to follow up. On a YouTube documentary, The Canadians - Angus Walters, he is interviewed late in his life and talks about the knuckle or raised bow which some attacked as additional windage and he responds about the dryer foredeck in heavy seas and the added waterline length when bow down in those conditions which offset the windage issue. It is interesting also to look at the old movies aboard to see the varying paint schemes on the inboard stancheons and bulwarks (white - light and darker something else which is different than the all white combination in the MS2130 kit color scheme. PT-2 (Rich)

Are you ordering this kit Rich ? Looks wonderful.

Not at this time. It looks like a great kit but I have to realistic as to how much I take on both space-wise, time-wise, and financially (although the price is an excellent value). It is a highly tempting thing but would likely only collect dust on a shelf if I could find space for the kit box.

Hello Heinrich, You people are making your Bluenose kit look better and better with those kind of build instructions, I thank you very much as you can solve a lot of build problems and alleviate a number of rebuilds in doing so.
I got a couple of questions and that is, when will you be taking orders for your Bluenose? Second question is this price the going price or is it the interdiction price? Just getting a bit anxious that is all.
Regards Lawrence

@Canoe21 Hello Lawrence. Tomorrow night is the photo shoot for the kit review. As soon as I have posted the kit review and my final comments on the kit, I will open the shop doors. The price will remain in place for the time being, so no need to worry.:)

That is wonderful to hear - your reaction leaves me humble and very grateful.

@KentM Thank you Kent! Done! Thumbsup

@PT-2 Wonderful Rich! I know how much you love her and what she means to you. Done! Thumbsup

5346-John-Steven-Dews-Bluenose-racing-Elsie-Halifax-Nova-Scotia-22nd-October-1921-Unframed-WEB.jpg

They snapped their spars and strained to pass her by

But she left them all behind - Stan Rogers

Back