New kit Full rib Bluenose finished product - 全肋骨蓝鼻号成品

Hello Heinrich , That is great news, My Admiral just OK'ed my Christmas gift from her of your POF Bluenose you have made it very easy for her this year as she has been asking me daily what I want for Christmas, Thanks.
Now I must update my Pay-Pal account as I very seldom use it, no big deal I think. When will you be taking orders? One other question and that is has that stern name plate been corrected, the previous picture of it is horrible to say the least.
Regards Lawrence
The transom Bluenose name is not a deal breaker as it may be worked around with decal naming slipped on where it belongs in the same manner as the bow names may be placed. . . just using Word and the various decal kits. Just a thought. PT-2 (Rich)

The transom Bluenose name is not a deal breaker as it may be worked around with decal naming slipped on where it belongs in the same manner as the bow names may be placed. . . just using Word and the various decal kits. Just a thought. PT-2 (Rich)
Hello Rich, Yes that is for sure. I am kind of hopping that they provide an etched brass with the correct curvature to fit around the stern. Will have to drop Heinrich a note later on .
Regards Lawrence

@Canoe21 Hello Lawrence. I am very glad that I made your decision easy and that the Admiral is supporting your Bluenose choice. With the input of our members and builders, YuanQing and I am committed to correcting any inaccuracies so that will be addressed as soon as all the groundwork is finished.

@Canoe21
@PT-2

Great guys - that is exactly the kind of input I am looking for and was talking about. Thank you! Thumbsup
Here is a curiosity question that you can answer once you open the box. . . how many frames are in this model. I have counted those if my Bluenose II book (wherein they say that it was built using the full specifications of the original Bluenose but also note that there were no construction plans as such but schooners then and there were build from the lines taken from wooden half-hull models at either 1/4 or 1'2 inch scales) and also my MS2130 (which I hold in some suspicion) but it will be quite a task to assemble all of the futtocks for all of the frames if they have all of them in the model. Just wondering. .. PT-2 (Rich)

Here is a curiosity question that you can answer once you open the box. . . how many frames are in this model. I have counted those if my Bluenose II book (wherein they say that it was built using the full specifications of the original Bluenose but also note that there were no construction plans as such but schooners then and there were build from the lines taken from wooden half-hull models at either 1/4 or 1'2 inch scales) and also my MS2130 (which I hold in some suspicion) but it will be quite a task to assemble all of the futtocks for all of the frames if they have all of them in the model. Just wondering. .. PT-2 (Rich)

Hi Pt-2

I am wondering now if there is any POF kit on the market that has the real number of frames used on the original ship.

I will count mine of the Statenjacht Pegasus and check them again the plans I have of the Statenjacht Utrech, used to develop the Pegasus Kit.

Cheers
Daniel

This is such good news that @Canoe21 (Lawrence) is getting and building this kit, now we will have a master to follow!! Thumbsup
Hello Don, I am no way a Master, I thank you very much for your supper fine words. I am just another model ship builder who enjoys very much this ship building hobby, but in no way a master like Dave Stevens, but thanks for your vote of confidence. I will have this Bluenose kit to take me trough the coming long cold winter. We got a nice surprise the last few days as our temp went up to just below 70F or 21C that is warmer than it was for us on vacation back on the first of Sept., Sure is nice to sit outside and enjoy. I sure hope that I will not let you all down in this POF build that from what Heinrich says it is a super build.
Regards Lawrence

@PT-2 Rich that is an easy one to answer - I don't even have to unpack the kit. One of the "instruction" manuals is actually a book which is made up of 1:1 scale drawings of each individual rib/s. One page is devoted to each frame. There are 55 frames in total. The picture below will explain what I mean:

微信图片_20201109220719.jpg
There are 1:1 scale drawings of each individual frame per page.

Further news is that the photographer has been booked for Wednesday night.

@DonRobinson

@Canoe21

Don I agree wholeheartedly that it is wonderful to have Lawrence build the Bluenose. One only has to look at this scratch-build of the Oliver Cromwell to know that the word "master" is not misplaced. But then you are also too modest. It is just as great to have you onboard with Bluenose - the Lady Nelson (among many other) bear testimony to that. I am very honoured to follow not one, but TWO masters in the build of the Bluenose!

@PT-2 Rich that is an easy one to answer - I don't even have to unpack the kit. One of the "instruction" manuals is actually a book which is made up of 1:1 scale drawings of each individual rib/s. One page is devoted to each frame. There are 55 frames in total. The picture below will explain what I mean:

View attachment 191838
There are 1:1 scale drawings of each individual frame per page.

Further news is that the photographer has been booked for Wednesday night.
In my counts of what I discern as frames in the various very small drawings in the Bluenose book, I get a range between 58 and 60 not counting the hawse timbers in the bow pack side by side.
PT-2 (Rich)

@marter1229 Hi Terry . This is great to hear from you. All I can say is that you will NOT be disappointed. This is an exquisite kit - I have actually just examined every little detail of it and tomorrow night we will do the photo shoot for the full kit review. The quality of the castings, photo-etched brass parts, the wood - these are all superb!

@marter1229 Hi Terry . This is great to hear from you. All I can say is that you will NOT be disappointed. This is an exquisite kit - I have actually just examined every little detail of it and tomorrow night we will do the photo shoot for the full kit review. The quality of the castings, photo-etched brass parts, the wood - these are all superb!
I can only guess what my Admiral would say if I ordered this kit before I have finished my present model MS2130 which is a long way in the future. Actually I have no room for two builds of this size at the same time. Like the little locomotive that could, . . "I think I can, I think I can, . . . . I thought I could!" I'll be watching the build logs of this new group build forum. PT-2 (Rich)

Back