Geobukseon Known as Turtle ship (a Korean battleship) [COMPLETED BUILD]

Today in Naval History - Naval / Maritime Events in History
28 August 1597 - The naval Battle of Chilcheollyang. It resulted in the destruction of nearly the entire Korean fleet.

1630323967882.png

Today in Naval History - Naval / Maritime Events in History
28 August 1597 - The naval Battle of Chilcheollyang. It resulted in the destruction of nearly the entire Korean fleet.

View attachment 253272

WOW.... Thank you Uwek !!! Nice educative reading.

I have added myself as a watcher of your thread ! A lot to learn and read there.

I really appreciate you posting this link here !!

Best
Daniel

Last edited:
Hi all

As I mentioned at the end of my Pegasus thread, my next building will be a ship known Globaly as the Turtle Ship.

Below is a copy of the first paragraph in Wikipedia. I will post link for those who would like to learn about it.

If a SOS member happens to have pictures or drawing of the interior of this ships or period ships, I will appreciate them very much !!!!! . There are very few and I wasn't able to find one , for example, the cooking area.

The kit I am going to build shows the interior and I would like to add details.

Here we go :

A Geobukseon (Korean: 거북선, Korean pronunciation: [kʌbuksən]), also known as turtle ship in western descriptions, was a type of large Korean warship that was used intermittently by the Royal Korean Navy during the Joseon dynasty from the early 15th century up until the 19th century. It was used alongside the panokseon warships in the fight against invading Japanese naval ships. The ship's name derives from its protective shell-like covering.[1] One of a number of pre-industrial armoured ships developed in Europe and in East Asia, this design has been described by some as the first armored ship in the world.[2]

Enough links to read for now :)

Let start this thread.....
Hallo @Dematosdg
sorry for the delay, I had yetserday some technical problems
we wish belayed you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Happy Birthday Daniel! May you be blessed with great health in the coming years and the ability to continue your wonderful craft!

I can't stop looking at that metal spiked roof, such a great job of blackening and installing. Nice and clean. Did you make sails yourself? They look very nice.

No... fortunately!!!! The sails were included

16319998248861376245714101498818.jpg

A little glue on the tip to keep the wood on place. Then goes a lot of stitches.... the almirant offered to do those :)

Cheers
Daniel

Back