![]() |
The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026! Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue. NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026 |
![]() |
![]() |
As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering. |
![]() |
Hi Patrick~A whole Fleet.
Very impressive.









Hi~Beautiful work, but, that wooden fork on the yard looks very much like a modellers invention. In reality, it would severely hamper the free rotation of the yard on the mast (tilting) and break in record time.
Hi Patrick,Indeed, I would leave this part out as well.
I had a detailed build log for it on MSW. It is currently being rebuilt here on SoS and a few other forums.Hi Patrick,
Any reference pictures or plans that I can look at on this particular area? I mean, if I need to deviate from the original Aeropicola plan, I definitely need good reason for it.
Thanks for your suggestion! But, that is not what the original Aeropicola plan suggests. I understand what you are saying and that is what I see on most other models (including my previous builds). However, this is my first time building a 16th century galleon and the plan says differently. I attach below pictures of the area of plan for yards.I see where you got the idea. There is indeed a wood strip with holes for the halyard and parrels at the fore side of the yard. So just file that fork away and turn the yard the other way. Problem solved.














As always, thanks very much for your encouragement, Patrick!Looks great



















