Grants Xebec 1:60 (using Jabeque Cazador Occre1:60 kit)

Real men don't shy away from learning new skills...
Besides, in the "good old days" sail making was a men's job. During the travels across the seven seas, repairs to the sails were a common occurance, sail makers were onboard to maintain the sails in working condition. As far as I'm concerned sail making is a respectable skill.

Besides, in the "good old days" sail making was a men's job. During the travels across the seven seas, repairs to the sails were a common occurance, sail makers were onboard to maintain the sails in working condition. As far as I'm concerned sail making is a respectable skill.
ALSO TRUE.

Grant, what are you planning to use to tint the sails? I know four ways - strong tea, strong coffee, diluted bitumen varnish, stain. However, as I heard, the first two methods (tea and coffee) have a disadvantage: over time they fade and become lighter...

A real man has the ability to charm either his mother, wife or whoever else can help him, into doing just that.
There's so much wrong with this statement, that I don't know where to begin.
1. "Ability to charm"="begging on his knees".
2. A real man begging is a contradictio in terminis.
3. A species of the opposite sex "doing just that": ain't gonna happen, not until hell freezes over.
4. The "doing just that" thingy comes with a near endless list of terms and conditions.

There's so much wrong with this statement, that I don't know where to begin.
1. "Ability to charm"="begging on his knees".
2. A real man begging is a contradictio in terminis.
3. A species of the opposite sex "doing just that": ain't gonna happen, not until hell freezes over.
4. The "doing just that" thingy comes with a near endless list of terms and conditions.
1. Charm = begging. No! Charm is the ability to tell her to do what you want her to do in such a way that she is looking forward to it and sees it as an honor.
2. See answer 1
3. See answer 1
4. See answer 1

@GrantTyler a real man solves problems by himself. That's called a hero.
@dockattner you're spoiled brat. No doubt about that fact from this moment on. ROTFROTFROTF
Good afternoon. Speechless….
A wise man knows where to get help...
Very little wisdom down here in Cape Town Paul. Eish…
I'm impressed Grant !!!
Hello Gilbert. Ha, my progress thus far is riddled with errors, but I have impressed myself;)
Yes sir! Thats the way we men do it!! Lift that barge, tote that bale, wind that bobbin ROTF ROTF ROTF
Daniel I’ve already jammed this machine a few times. That bobbin feels pain.
Good afternoon Johan. True story although not much skill here.
All of you are wrong except @dockattner Paul. A real man has the ability to charm either his mother, wife or whoever else can help him, into doing just that. @GrantTyler Grant, next time I'm in SA, I'll teach you! ROTF However, what a great photograph - and that's no joke!
Thanks H, I need some help from my unrelenting Admiral..
Grant, what are you planning to use to tint the sails? I know four ways - strong tea, strong coffee, diluted bitumen varnish, stain. However, as I heard, the first two methods (tea and coffee) have a disadvantage: over time they fade and become lighter...
Good afternoon Dave. Yep I am going to crumple them up and stain them. I will give the tea solution a go….

Guys nothing better than to have laugh after my swear jar overflowed….. Thanks:DThumbsup

Cheers Grant

Back