Group Project Build: An English Cutter

Just got back from dollar store with the foam and glue, I need to stop at Meijer's later and pick up some rubber cement to glue the patterns to the foam later..;)

One suggestion as you plan, please make your plan to fit 8 1/2" x 11" paper if possible.

Many folks have home printers with this standard paper, 11 x 17 would have to be sent to print shop for most of us.

Hey Kurt! I bought an HP wireless large format printer for under $300. Best money I ever spent. Prints 8-1/2 X 11 as well as 11 X 17.

HEY DOC, MIKESAYS YOU ARE A MACHINE AND I SAY A WELL OILED ONE, FOR CHRISTMAS MY DAUGHTER/SON-IN LAW/GRANDSONS GOT ME A HP PRINTER ALSO WIRELESS I THINK IT IS ENVEY NOT SURE IF IT CAN PRINT 11X17 HAVE TO ASK DAUGHTER, ALSO HOW IS YOURS FOR ACCURACY. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

I have been in discussion w Ken about this project and believe me, I have seen some samples of plans and some 3D to assist in construction. Excellent and easy to follow. I don’t want to spoil it. He will give more details later. Just continue to tune in. This should be a fun project.

I have seen kits for sale of half hulls many a year ago in local hobby shop, this should be a good project of low cost and time to get something to display.

Maybe in future we can take lines of the Blue Nose and have a half hull to go with the admiralty style build as well.

Just wanted to let you guys know I didn't forget about you. I had to go out of town to try and figure out what happened on one of our assembly lines, I just about have it sorted out and should be back this weekend, then I'll get back to the foam model.

HI HOPE EVERYTHING IS GOING OK WITH YOU, AND THIS VERY INTERESTING PROJECT IS CONTINUING, PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Hey everyone, just letting you know when it rains it pours and then some.. :)

The trip out of town took a lot longer then expected ( I did manage to get it running again, it was one of there line engineers thought something would work better by changing how its assembled. Again kids, thinking they know everything from a book). Then when I get back on Wednesday, we had to take our dog for surgery to have 8 tumors removed, the day before yesterday.... My dog came thru fine, I just have to be with her so she doesn't try and jump on the furniture or go up and down steps. The day after her surgery, you couldn't tell by her that she just had major surgery... ugh

With all that being said I need a break. One good thing, while I was gone that book I mentioned came in; Fast sailing ships. This book supposedly discusses this type of ship..
book.jpg

All the drawings for the model are complete, there just waiting on me to finish the mock up. Hopefully this weekend I'll post the drawings and the finished mock up.

I'm trying not to let you guys down...

YOU TAKE GOOD CARE OF HER, WHAT IS HER NAME MORE IMPORTANT TO WATCH HER HOW OLD, JUST LOVE, LOVE ANIMALS, TO OLD TO HAVE A DOG AGAIN (83 IN APRIL) BUT HAVE A FANTASTIC SPOILED BY ME CAT NAMED MOSES, BIG AFFECTIONATE, SMART ABOT 3 YEARS OLD, JUST LOVE HIM TO PIECES THE PROJECT WILL BE THERE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Her name is Sugar and she is a dacshound/ chihuahua mix. She's about 11 years old and we got her about 5 years ago when my wife's sister passed away. She's a great dog, lives everyone and usually healthy as a horse, maybe that's why she is already up and getting around. We would do anything for her..she's family now.IMG_20210219_165935750.jpgIMG_20210129_175841466.jpg

AWW SO CUTE SO ADORABLE, WHAT A SWEET HEART SHE IS, JUST LOVE HER TO PIECES AND SPOIL HER, LOVE IT. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

I am definitely interested in this project even though it may take me some time before I could commit to building something like this.

HI KEN, HOW IS THE SWEET ONE DOING, SHE SURE IS A CUTIE, JUST LOVE HER TO PIECES, LET ME HERE HOW SHE IS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Her name is Sugar and she is a dacshound/ chihuahua mix. She's about 11 years old and we got her about 5 years ago when my wife's sister passed away. She's a great dog, lives everyone and usually healthy as a horse, maybe that's why she is already up and getting around. We would do anything for her..she's family now.View attachment 214783View attachment 214784
UUHH, if you have horses, the vet is always somewhere around :(
Don`t know where the saying "healthy as a horse" comes from.

Lovely dog!

Back