• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

H.M.S. Enterprize 1774 1:48 from Modelship Dockard, by Fangorn (Guy)

Joined
Dec 21, 2022
Messages
115
Points
88

Location
Bealeton, VA
Good day all. I received the model last week. The box got a tad wet in one corner but all is well except for a corner on the box. 19 lb 2.5 oz or 8.7kg.

I know it is quite a large build. I have the 1:96 version as well and it is a much smaller build (.5mm clearances for framing). For me right now bigger is better. I build for my joy and try to do my best. There is a log for the 1:96 too.. but it is on hold.

This will be from start to finish with small comments between, including the building of the Jig.
- I will try to order some prints from RMG https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/enterprize-1774-1-48-scale-kit-from-md.18451/post-486816 but for the most part I will compare a lot with the AOS book Pandora as this is similar in build.
- Goal to understand the infrastructure
- Goal to fully rig the model (I have heard that MD will be coming out with a rigging upgrade... I HOPE SO)
-Goal concentrate on this model and no others. Although my 70 year old stroke damaged mind would like to.. I have learned not to listen to it. (I have several models I bought and now in my stash that I will never get to.. I listened to my mind. You can only really do ONE thing at a time.)

I will put pictures here for now. https://photos.app.goo.gl/Bbyhdi1D3bQFyQqj7
 
Welcome to the group build !
I'll follow your build. :)
I have slowed down a lot on my build because I'm having trouble with cataracts.
Still working a little bit, but it's very slow.
Trying to get surgery for it.
 
Cataracts. My right one is done. Left yet to do. It’s getting foggier. Lots of floaters too.
I hope I don’t move too slowly for others.

Btw. Char removal. What are you doing?
 
Just finished the Frame Jig. It weighs in at 2 lb 4.5oz or 1.035kg. For fun I placed the 1/96 version of the Frame jig. It weighs in at 9 oz or 0.26kg. You can see the size difference between 1/48 and 1/96. I plan on building both, but will concentrate first on the 1/48
Now to the next step.. what fun!
Hope all are well!
Guy
IMG_0413.JPGIMG_0414.JPG
 
Back
Top