H.M.S. PEGASUS - Swan Class by David Antscherl & Greg Herbert Scale 1:36

looks beautiful Exclamation-MarkOkay
I would appreciate an explanation accompanied by photos of the process of creating these amazing hinges .
Ok! I hope this little tutorial will help you to understand how I make the small hinges:
I use a very thin sheet of metal cut into strips of a suitable size:

01.jpg
02.jpg

This metal strip folds back on itself:
03.jpg

to create the hinge I use a very fine drill bit that I insert into the end of the folded metal sheet:
04.jpg
05.jpg

Then with flat nose pliers I gently squeeze to create the shape around the hinge:
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg

Now with a very fine grinding wheel I shape the hinge:
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

Now simply insert a pin of the appropriate size:
12.jpg

Very good work and explanation - this will help us a lot - great method
I made a copy of this tutorial - hope you agree

you showed the making of the glas with one photo in post #377 - which fluid material do you use?

Just a question, what were you pulling through the draw plate and where does it fit into the scheme of things?
I guess some wire for immitating the nails in the gratings
BTW: double nailing per cross
castello-04.jpg

I realized, that the gratings and hatches have a much bigger camber than the deck or deckbeams....

Just a question, what were you pulling through the draw plate and where does it fit into the scheme of things?
As Uwek said, I needed 0.2 mm wire for the grid nails and the thinnest wire I had was 0.3

I guess some wire for immitating the nails in the gratings
BTW: double nailing per cross
I realized, that the gratings and hatches have a much bigger camber than the deck or deckbeams....
Looks like it to me too but I followed the drawings....

Hello Ricci, wonderful work. I'm always in your construction report from L' Amarante to pick for my La Palme. When I compare your Amarante and the Pegasus there is a very big difference in quality, a great increase in quality and delicacy, just beautiful to look at.

Very nicely done with a steady hand and very sharp chisel. In the picture after the chisel picture you have nail heads in a perfect pattern. How did you drill them by hand or jigged to a mill/drill press? To my amazement how perfect the pattern.

Back