H.M.S. PEGASUS - Swan Class by David Antscherl & Greg Herbert Scale 1:36

Nice galley cowl. Studying the pictures is confusing how you were able to have two diameter pipes? The flared top piece how was that done? Such nice work I like to understand your methods for my future use maybe.
Amazing work

Very nice work on the rudder and gudgeons. You show what I thank are brass bars alongside a disc, are these to be part of the hinge? Is your mill with a digital readout?
The whole ship is amazing in the quality of work you've put in.

COOL - very accurate executed - I love the color difference of the two wooden elements of the rudder (and they fit great together)

What is this photo showing? In moment I can not imagine how these parts fit together and form the hinges .....
timone08.jpg

Very nice work on the rudder and gudgeons. You show what I thank are brass bars alongside a disc, are these to be part of the hinge? Is your mill with a digital readout?
The whole ship is amazing in the quality of work you've put in.
COOL - very accurate executed - I love the color difference of the two wooden elements of the rudder (and they fit great together)

What is this photo showing? In moment I can not imagine how these parts fit together and form the hinges .....
View attachment 374565

Perhaps with these photos it is clearer the method I used for the rudder hinges:

timone09.jpgtimone10.jpgtimone11.jpg

then simply shape the hinge by removing the excess parts!
timone20.jpg

I believe the digital read out you see is a digital angle meter. Once you know the angle of the surface from the plans you can us the meter to ensure your angle table is at the correct angle to mill. Just my guess. I do use one, occasionally.

Back