H.M.S. PEGASUS - Swan Class by David Antscherl & Greg Herbert Scale 1:36

Wieder einmal eine Augenweide, ganz tolle Arbeit.

Uwe Ich glaube nicht das der Rest der Nägel lackiert ist, Sondern das sind nur sterben und Bohrlöcher Giampy hat gerade erst mit den Ersten Messingnägeln angefangen.

Once again a feast for the eyes, very great work.

Uwe I don't think that the rest of the nails are varnished but that these are just the drill holes and Gimbli has only just started with the first brass nails.
now - just looking once more - you could be right
Than I have the next question of how you solve the problem:
The wales are painted black - drill holes and afterwards installing the wire or nail - when the wire is installed you have to cut or sand down the wire flat and even to the wood - how you can do this without damaging the black paint ?

She is getting very attractive - very good work - I like the contrast of your black wales and the timber
One question:
We can see midship area some shiny treenails at the black top rails - and I guess all others are overpainted
We you finally show all treenails visible?
I started the nail ...:D:D

now - just looking once more - you could be right
Than I have the next question of how you solve the problem:
The wales are painted black - drill holes and afterwards installing the wire or nail - when the wire is installed you have to cut or sand down the wire flat and even to the wood - how you can do this without damaging the black paint ?
with great care and attention .......
However, I have painted with two hands of shellac on the black color

@ Giampy65, can I ask you about the tool in the first picture, is it a battery-powered drill ?, Regards Knut-

@ Giampy65, can I ask you about the tool in the first picture, is it a battery-powered drill ?, Regards Knut-
yes, it is an electric tool with rechargeable battery, very convenient and practical to use without the clutter of the electric wire. I bought a couple so I can use two different diameter bits without replacing them every time. The price is very affordable.

@ Giampy65, great, do you have a link to where you bought these drills, regards Knut-
Yes, I bought it from Aliexpress. I don't know if I break the rules of the forum by inserting a link, in this case I kindly ask the administrators to eliminate it:

There are various types of electrical tools like that, some also have the rotation speed adjustment:

I also replaced the chuck with one of these:

Back